Saturday, February 25, 2012

January

I'm back. As it turns out, the more"free-time" I have, the busier I am. It makes absolutely no sense.

We're all doing just fabulous. A little update:

Hank and Kellen are still in the 1st percentile for weight but growing rapidly and hope to reach the 2nd percentile by summer.

Hank spends 16-17 hours a day at school and work. I am adjusting to the life of a single mother really well. Resentment builds each day. Fortunately, the end is in sight.

I hang out with the little man of my dreams all day long and have far too much time to worry about his health, food consumption, and bowel movements. I'm turning really weird.

At some point I'll fill in the missing holes, but for now, here is what we were up to in January.


We celebrated my birthday. At this time, I'd like everyone to know that I no longer feel comfortable discussing my age.

My sweet mom got me a delicious cake from Sweet Tooth, which I devoured alone. Well, and freeze packed the rest...if you want any, come on over!



We went to the Living Planet Aquarium. We kidnapped Hank one Saturday and made him hang out with us.


I have no idea what they were doing on the floor, but they sure are cute.


With Kellen's help, I packed for Vegas.


When we arrived, he was fascinated by the outdoors. We don't manage to spend much time outside. The weather was absolutely perfect.


I adore his duck lips.


And his belly giggle.



My thoughtful dad set up the swing for my baby boy. He has never stayed in one spot for so long.


Kellen admired everything his cousin Claire Bear did....


We celebrated my cute dad's 60th Birthday!! And had an amazing party but I was too busy chasing around my cranky child to get a picture. Not proud of it.


Kellen opened and closed my parent's refrigerator 1,394 times. One of those times, he managed to leave the fridge open, making it possible for nearly everything in the fridge to be tossed. Sorry mom and dad.


Kellen slept through our play date with Eli and Kiana. Apparently he had croup and a double ear infection, so we forgave him. Could Eli be cuter?!?!


After Kellen's trip to Urgent Care, my mom realized her I-pad had been stolen. Without informing anyone, my dad tracked it to a sketchy part of town, hopped in his truck and knocked on their door. We talked about it for days.

Kellen said goodbye to two of his greatest admirers. Twice. He was too sick to fly (as was I, but airlines actually care about screaming babies) so we postponed our departure for a few extra days.



And then we came back to reality. And George.

2 Words from the Wise:

Anonymous said...

Katie he is the cutest little boy ever!! And we are dying to know the ipad stealer's reaction. Did they just hand it over or what?

Katie I. said...

Hey Lauren! He said, "I'm here to collect my i-pad." When they said they didn't speak English, he said it in Spanish. They came out saying they didn't steal his i-pad...that "she" left it somewhere. After a few minutes a young girl emerged from the back room and slid it through the rod bars covering the door. We were so proud of him!

Turns out they were the cleaning crew for the building all the way over by our house :)