We are sad to admit that George hasn't received nearly the amount of love and attention since Kellen entered our lives.
After last night, that will change. We are very grateful for second chances today.
I should have noticed his absence while feeding the baby...
Or the unusual quiet without his squeaking potato toy...
Or the sound of him scratching his face...
Or the fact that I hadn't yelled, "no George" in at least a half hour.
I should have listened to the promptings to put his collar back on, but selfishly ignored them as I hate the clanking noise...
My apologies to my neighbors who saw my post-pardum half naked body, but I had a fluffy white dog to find.
I will never forget the picture of him running towards us from down the pitch black street. I love that stupid dog.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Second Chances
Posted by Katie I. at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Words from the Wise:
I would have loved to be your neighbor that night! The visual made me laugh. Glad George made it home. I wish my dogs would do that...minus returning home.
George! What a little rascal! It always makes me laugh when we hear "GEORGE!" in the evenings.
Post a Comment