Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to get me to a sporting event...

Never mind that my boss is a professional player and my husband loves watching it, the last basketball game I attended was at UNLV with my dad at about the age of 4.

I have fond memories of the days when we had season passes to see the UNLV Runnin' Rebels. It was a combination of the coveted trip with dad, the promised licorice rope, and the ability to stay out late on a school night that made basketball games just so fantastic. Apparently UNLV had quite the team during this time frame as well, but I certainly didn't know or care.

I hadn't found the grown up equivalent of that beautiful combination until now: box seats.


What could be better than having a private bathroom, food on someone else's dime, and the ability to socialize with others while I just so happen to be at a game?






We will certainly never have our own box seats (so I'm out of the picture) but we're so excited for Hank to take our little boy to games and build great memories together.

5 Words from the Wise:

Kiana Hayden said...

I'm jealous. Hope you stuffed some free tator tots in your pockets. And how come your baby is 5 shades darker than you?

Jaclyn said...

hopefully it meant the noise level was more feasible for your little one. We take Austin to the BYU/UNLV game every season! :) He still watches half the game with his hands over his ears.

E-Roz said...

I choose the worst semester to be gone... I'm jealous of your box seats....

Hank said...

Notice the ear plugs in his little ears.. He would get worried face everytime somebody made a basket. Thats how I would know that hte ear plugs had fallen out. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

I just can't wait to meet this little guy. He gets cuter each time I see a new picture. I'm so glad I decided to visit the blogs. I hadn't for a while. Love you and hope things get a bit easier soon for you Katie girl. I know being a new mom is hard at first. You are doing a great job! We love you all.