Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Back!

I've very grateful to report that over the last week or so, I have been slowly returning to my normal self. A few times a day, Hank breaks into song with lyrics consisting of "welcome back, welcome back!"

A few items that are currently bringing much joy:

- the return of my ankles
- the ability to bend over
- getting in and out of the car proving easier with a c-section incision than with a belly
- dwindling aversion to hamburgers and fries (Hank appreciates this...)
- the feeling of cold
- the opposite of nesting...this house is a wreck and I just don't care

My greatest source, however, comes in the form of the screaming little bundle of joy next to me. Here are some pictures of baby Kellen, a special thanks to Chaddie and no thanks to me, since I haven't taken my camera out once. I have a whole new appreciation for why it takes new mothers so long to post pictures.















I love this little boy more than anything in the world. Every time I signed onto my blog to start a post, I revisited Hank's post and became a blubbery mess.(I would like to permanently block out all the memories surrounding the surgery and delivery.) I am just so grateful he made it here safely and am overwhelmed with gratitude when I think about it...he is a perfect little addition to our family.

11 Words from the Wise:

mykinda said...

Hi Katie and Hank....
You have yourselves A BEAUTIFUL baby boy. Chaddie now has a name sake and I am sure that your Mom is just beaming. Between Kellen and Clair... she should be! Congratulations.
--Shirley

Amy said...

I love the family photo! So gorgeous. Congrats Katie and Hank!

McKenzie said...

Yay! You guys are so darling! Congrats!

terryandkrisstewart said...

Katie & Hank, What a gorgeous family. Chaddie takes great pics. If he starts a new business Terry can be his camera bag holder...:)
Just a thought.... love you guys..
Love this blog too...

Emily Davis said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable! I loved the family picture, you are such a beautiful family!!!

E-Roz said...

Dearest Katie, Thank you for posting this. I am very please to be sitting in an airport across the world, literally, and being able to see my cute cute nephew. thank you. I am showing him off :)

AlexisTexas said...

oh my goodness kate he is so incredibly adorable. Nice work! Hope you are recovering well, c-sections are hard! I can't believe you went through so much labor AND had surgery, you are amazing. We just hope someday our kids appreciate what we went through for them! ha...congratulations, he is gorgeous.

Kathryn e. said...

Your dad did an amazing job on the pictures. What a beautiful baby!

Tim and Audrey said...

Just found your blog! Congratulations Katie and Hank! Kellen is a beautiful boy. So happy for you! :) oh, and I love this pics!

Misses Barlow said...

katie he is absolutely adorable! so glad everything turned out ok! wish you a speedy recovery! love ya girl!

terryandkrisstewart said...

Katie, Your mom told me that Jessica had her little bundle of joy on your birthday! Wow, I knew he was special. Carson Samuel-
7'5 20"long- his weight dropped to 6'2 so he went back to hospital. Skinny little thing! Not for long. Anyways, your son is adorable.. I love all these new families.. You are so cute! Good Luck.. Love You.. Dudee.