This is my 3rd post ever.
My two other historic posts have been to announce George's arrival and tactics, and the other to poke fun of Kate. This one is a tad bit different.
I suppose it all started off on Tuesday Evening as Katie and I decided that we would go on our last "single" date together anticipating the due date creeping up on Christmas. We got home to Kate's parents place in Park City around 8 and by 9 we were on the way to the hospital after Kate's water broke. After 20 hours of labor, it became apparent that the baby was having a hard time dropping. We became increasingly worried about infection and complication. After much thought and prayer, we made our first gut feeling and decided that we needed to get the baby out with surgery. This went against what we wanted, but it felt right.
At 6:22pm, Kellen Chad Iroz was born at 7lbs 15oz. His cord was wrapped around him several times. This was keeping him from dropping down, and would have caused a dangerous situation had we forced the issue. We are thrilled to have an extremely healthy young lad, and a recovering mother that is making really good progress. We are scheduled to leave this place on Christmas at 6pm!! Merry Christmas to us.
On to the pictures..
Poor guy has monkey toes like Grandpa Clark used to tell me!! Kate has learned to love them though. She calls them "ganglies"... Sorry for passing those Ganglies on son.
14 Words from the Wise:
I love the name...I am so excited for Uncle Chad to finally have a namesake. He is beautiful and I am so excited for you and Hank. I can't wait to meet him. What a perfect Christmas Present!
Yes it is a wonderful Christmas present for all of us. I like the name. He is our 28th great grandchild. How impossible that seems. Congratulations to both of you.
After reading your post Hank, it seems to me you have matured and grown. It is sobering to help bring a little spirit into this world isn't it. So thankful we have that line of communication with our Heavenly Father and can get answers to our prayers. How thankful I am little Kellan Chad is here and healthy. He is precious. Thank you for a beautiful Christmas present. We love you.
He is adorable!! Congrats. I can't wait to meet him. I'm so glad everything turned out well and everyone's healthy.
Congrats!! He is so adorable and perfect! I can't wait to see him! Love you guys, Katie I hope you are feeling well!
oh and I LOVE the name!!
Yay for babies! Congrats guys....so glad he's here all safe and sound. Sorry about the c-section, those aren't the funnest thing in the world. But just think...with the next one, there will be no labor! Hope you are recovering well, Katie.
Oh and what a great name! I've never heard it before and its awesome.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Sorry about the C-Section but so glad you two went with your gut. Enjoy it, your world will never be the same!
Congratulations! So handsome!
congrats you guys!!!!! how exciting... so happy katie is doin well! lots of love... merry christmas!
I love your little boy already! Can't wait for the boys first play date...even if they just sleep through it.
He is so adorable. Really handsome little guy. I also love his name! Hope everyone is doing well! Congrats!!!!!!
Katie & Hank- We are so happy for you both.. What a way to start out the new year.. What a beautiful family... Love you. Dudee, Terry & family....
Hey Katie, I haven't seen you guys in forever but I had to post and tell you what a gorgeous baby boy you have. I cannot get over how perfect he is. AMAZING!! Best of wishes for you and your sweet little family. You guys are darling. It sounds like you live up here in Utah, I'm in Lehi if you ever need anything track me down! :) ~Melissa Hirschi Hales
Post a Comment