Have you ever seen those shows on tv about obese people where they must use a whale machine to remove them from their own house? I need one of those.
I have reached the epitome of uncomfortable. Bless the souls of those who work full-time until their water breaks and still manage to get everything in order for the new arrival. I'm not one of those people. I may have the working thing going for me, but the second I get home from work, I become overwhelmed with everything to do and have a daily meltdown.
A few things that are especially bothersome:
-I grunt every time I need to move & can recently can only breathe through my mouth--I'm just waiting for the moment this attractive combo leads to a snort...
-Putting on and taking off shoes & socks requires Hank's assistance. My swollen feet remain in shoe until he gets home at night. Too bad George doesn't have thumbs...
-My car door extends so far that I can't close it without help. Often I have to get back out and shimmy my way in so the door doesn't click into place.
-The bumps on the road from the snow make my belly jiggle and contractions start. Despite this, Hank continues to drive like a madman and yell "we're comin in hot!"
On a positive note, however, I have reached the optimal weight for easily opening the attic door. Once an impossible task, all I have to do is pull on the cord and dangle my feet for a moment and the ladder appears!
I am convinced this level of comfort is the Lord's way of preparing me for the delivery. I am so ready to be done, I'll do just about anything to bring this baby into the world! Only a few weeks to go!
2 Words from the Wise:
I am so there with you! I officially weigh more than Devin and its awful. I wake up everyday hoping that the baby will surprise me and just come already. Only a few more weeks though! Once that baby is here you will feel instant relief, I promise:)
Katie,
When I need a good laugh, I just automatically come to your blog now. It is so funny! I love they way you say things, and I find myself chuckling over things you've said for a few days! You have a gift:) (not sure if it is just for writing, but probably also for funny/strange things happening to you:) Sure love you!
Post a Comment