Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Law of Probability or a Miracle

A little background info:

Hank has 4 sisters, 0 brothers
I have 2 sisters, 0 brothers
We secretly really wanted a boy. We also both had a good feeling that just wasn't going to happen.

The facts:
We had an ultrasound on Friday.
Taylor recommended drinking sugar approximately 5 minutes before the actual ultrasound to get the baby moving. A few questioned why she almost completely withheld this information.
My whole family piled in a tiny little theatre room where my uterus took center stage.
The doctor informed me the baby was in a terrible position to determine the gender.
I asked the doctor if that sugar helps; he said no.
The heartbeat sounded good.
The head looked huge like Hanks.
The baby started kicking and moving about (clearly because of the Orange Julius) and revealed.....

(I feel somewhat guilty exposing my little boy's private parts on a public forum but feel proof is in order based on the both side's tendency to produce only girls.)

The Summary:
Many questioned the accuracy of the gender determination.
Doctor from Lithuania replied in thick accent, "I'm 200% sure this is a boy."
Tears were shed.

11 Words from the Wise:

Misses Barlow said...

so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!! you make me laugh everytime i read your blog! congrats katie! i love you so much!

Kylee Rowe said...

YAY!!!! I bet your dad is so excited to have a little man on the way! Even out the numbers just a bit. Congrats you guys!

Nicole said...

I meant to text something back but will use this post to say congrats! I'm sure Martin will enjoy a little boy cousin.

PS - While I'm sure he will be totally spoiled and want for nothing, you are more than welcome to the boy clothing and such. It is stored in A's garage. There is tons of it for under 2 years of age - remember that M is the only grandchild on Justin's side too!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

YYAAAYYYY Congratulations I just found out! Im so excited for you guys. Boys rock! Seriously!

Kathryn e. said...

I just knew it was going to be a boy! Little boys are the best...they love their mom's! Congratulations! We Holley's can't wait to throw you a Vegas shower.

Kiana Hayden said...

I've been so happy these past few days dreaming about our little boys playing together and being bf's just like their mamas! I'm so excited for you and Hank!

Ruth said...

No flower headband for your firstborn. Sad day ;)

In all seriousness, I'm SO excited for you!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Congratulations! This was news to us! Boys rock. Abe is proof. Good luck! Stay in touch.

Cara said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! Boys are so much fun! I am three for three guessing the gender of my friends babies! Go me.

P.S The security word under this is "demented"...funny

Steph and Jared said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I love having a boy I'm sure I will feel the same way if I ever have a girl but I can't tell you how much I love!!!! having a little boy he can do no wrong in my eyes. congrats Katie and Hank.

Pamela Williams said...

HOW EXCITING! yay!