Fact: I'm pregnant.
Need proof? In order of persuasiveness...

1. I ate a hot dog. I had a craving for a one that lasted over a week. Prior to the 2 bites I attempted, I had not eaten a hot dog in over 20 years. Apparently strong moral objections to food fly right out the window when a little human is growing inside of you.
2. I have vomited more than a life-long bulimic person. While I do appreciate this new extracurricular activity's affect in postponing "showing," I can't say I can handle much more of it. Hank and George have spent countless hours providing around-the-clock emotional support during these episodes, which I appreciate more than they will ever know.
3. I haven't participated in a single productive household activity in months. After I get home from work, I crash on the couch until bedtime. I simply don't have the energy. I sure wish George could do chores because Hank certainly can't, or wont. Same thing! :)
4. If the above evidence isn't enough, we got a picture of the sweet little thing!

At our first appointment, we got this ultrasound and were able to see the hands, feet, head and the little heart flutter. I could have watched for days, but thanks to the woman in labor downstairs I only got about 30 seconds. Good enough for me. It made the whole situation real to me; I smiled for days.
We are both really excited to have a baby! I'm due Christmas day, which I probably couldn't have done on purpose if I tried. Hopefully I will be part of the 90% or whatever the number is that doesn't deliver on the due date.
This post is dedicated to some of my family members who feel they can't tell people until I publicly announce it on my blog. :)
22 Words from the Wise:
Ahh! Congrats! We are going to have babies the same age. Still wrapping my head around the idea of Hank being a dad:) but so happy for you both!
me too... If you have a boy, my boy is going to pick on your boy...
If you gives you any hope of NOT having a Christmas baby, my wife was due with our little girl on Christmas Day/Christmas Eve, but she went into labor on the reading day of our first semester in the MPA program (which is another story entirely).
Congrats to you two! That is awesome!
Congrats!!! That's exciting! I bet Barbie and Chad are on cloud 9. That's great!!!
i am sooooo excited for you! i screamed and nearly scared the crap out of spencer! i am sooo excited and VERY jealous! not about the puking part, but i'm jealous you're little bun is cooking and what the heck? christmas day? you totally planned that one! haha! oh i love you! congrats! call me if you want me to come do the dishes or laundry... i'm serious :) loves xo
YAY!!!!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!!! You are going to be GREAT parents! While this might infringe upon my plans to move in with you if I stay in Provo, I am very happy to be kicked out by your child. Let me know if I can help at all with chores :)
Yay! yay! Yay! Kathryn and Hank we are SO excited for you! What a wonderful Christmas present! I hope you are feeling better soon--how many weeks are you?
My mom told me a couple of days ago...I think the same day you told Barb she could share the news. I am so excited for you and Hank to have a baby! Congratulations!
Yay, another little one to run around when we all get together. I must say I am glad that its you two and not us two. Hehe, but you will be great parents. Love all three of you...oh and George.
PS: Id take your orphan Emily but I will be living in SLC and not Provo...
Congratulations Katie! And Hank of course...but Katie, I'm so happy for you and I hope that the whole not feeling well goes away soon!!! If George becomes too much to take care of with your lack of energy, you know where to find me :)
WAHOOOO!!! Christmas babies are the best! So excited for you too. wow, Katie, you'll be the best mom!
WOOHOO! That will be the best Christmas gift ever!! Congratulations! You will be the cutest mom!! I'm so happy for you! And I'm with Lia - if you need anything (cleaning the house, errands, etc.), please call!!
AHHH! Congrats!!! This is so exciting! You will be the cutest little pregnant lady! I also hope you feel better very soon and let me know if you need anything!!!!
FYI Hank, I breed tough kids, boy or not. If yours picks on mine it better watch out!
Congrats, Seems to be the theme of this blog.. Just get your Christmas shopping done early.. If its a girl, she will change all the plans for the holidays.. We are so happy for you... Love dude!!
P.s. My vote is a BOY! however, its probably a girl... It just runs in the fam!! :) How did George handle the news?
How is it that I just find this out right now!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see a mini Katie or Hank. I am so excited for you both! I am shotting for a girl so that our little girls can be friends and maybe have math class together someday :)! Love you!
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys :)
Oh Katie, Congrats!! How exciting! Now Barbie will have someone else to shop and make beautiful. And I hear your Dad is quite the babysitter. Grandparents sure help the excitement level increase dramatically. It's good.
So if we both have boys or both have girls they can be BFF's. If it's a boy and a girl, we can prearrange their marriage. It's a win win.
Congratulations Kate, that is so exciting! Way to steal the Christmas show.
Katie, Oh my Gosh!!! I just read your blog after being out of town several weeks.....I am so thrilled for you guys! I hope you get feeling better soon! What a Christmas present. Can't wait to see you and give you a great big hug!!!! Love ya, Mel
Post a Comment