Sunday, May 23, 2010

R.I.P. Downey

I am very sad to report that Downey did not make it to his permanent home. The transit proved to be rough on the little guy and he wasn't able to come back out of it.


Hank is beside himself. Please don't mention this when you see him.

The lessons I've learned from this whole experience:

1. I get squeamish around small things.

2. Hank will be a much better father some day that I ever thought. I hope his midnight feedings and the searching for worms at the Provo river at 5 am is indicative of his willingness to wake up in the middle of the night for a screaming child, since we all know I won't.

3. Never pick up a lost duckling. Its far better to let them die in the wild than under your supervision.

The end.

4 Words from the Wise:

Kathryn e. said...

I am so sad to hear about Downey. Your Mom told me all about Downey last night at dinner...I am not an animal lover, but that was one cute duck and the pictures of him with George are so sweet.

E-Roz said...

does this mean baby Kank is coming soon....

Christy Gunnell said...

Oh no what happened to Downey?! I've been very intrigued about the little guy since I raised a duckling when I was in high school. Also, word to the wise, don't try to release a duck you've domesticated back into the wild. The other ducks will reject it! So sad.

Pamela Williams said...

SAD DAY! :(

and emily, "kank"?!