Apparently when school ended, I lost the ability to update our blog. Mostly because nothing of much relevance has occured since. For example:
- George switched from puppy to adult food. This was a hard decision to make, which came only after a lengthy discussion with a breeder who happened to be in the Costco aisle as I contemplated the "big switch." Needless to say, George loves the new food and I hate feeling like I can no longer call him a puppy because his dog food says otherwise. Stupid.
- The laundry piles and cleaning needs have reached an all-time high. Its gross. I used to pretend that my busy schedule prohibited such activities. As it turns out, I just hate doing these things and it has gotten much worse with more time on my hands. Interesting lesson. I cant help but wonder if we will ever have enough money to just hire someone to do the jobs I hate?
- In an effort to engage in continuing learning, I have increased the number of hours I watch television daily from 1-2 hrs to a repulsive 4-5. I'm not sure I really even enjoy any of these shows but apparently I need to tune out from the real world during a large portion of my free time. In about a week, I am going to be aimless as these shows come to an end. Perfect timing for me to get a life.
Hopefully by next week, I will get my act together and be a useful member of my family and society. Lets hope so...I'm appalled by myself.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
A Few Unimportant Updates
Posted by Katie I. at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Words from the Wise:
Oh my gosh, I love you so dearly. That is exactly my life too: dog, cleaning, TV. What are we going to do after all these finales?? Seriously, just finished watching the 2 hour Biggest Loser episode, now we're watching baseball. I'm sure it'll be another 5-hour-er tonight, just like last night. Ahh. Summer. We've earned it!! We might as well enjoy it and not beat ourselves up for doing so.
Here's an idea - let's get off the couch and have a double date!!
p.s. Is Castle one of the shows you watch? That finale killed me. That's when you know your TV watching has reached a dangerously obsessed level - when your mood is determined by the actions of fictional people. Ugh.
Post a Comment