In an effort to accomplish our goals, we will actually be going on a date tonight. So far, its not going so well.
It is Hanks day to plan it. I called him before leaving work to get the details. He explained that we were going to dinner and a movie. Hmm...he sure thought outside of the box!? I inquired a little further, wondering which movie we would go see. I've been dying to see The Backup Plan or Date Night (even knowing they will probably be awful!), so you can imagine my excitement when he informs me we will be seeing Robin Hood. I had suspected he wouldn't have done much planning, so I was looking at movies.com as we spoke. My suspicion was confirmed when after searching for this movie for minutes, I spotted in on the Coming Soon tab. May 14th. Hank did no prior research besides seeing it on Pay Per View the night before.
So in an effort to set our date nights off on the right foot, I have stepped up and planned the evening. First on the agenda is eating at the Blue Lemon. I've wanted to try it out forever. Every meal looks like a piece of art. I don't know how I will refrain from ordering everything on the menu, but luckily I've been studying it all day so I have a good idea of what I want. In case you're interested in going and wonder the dress code, let me suggest that you don't call to inquire. In hope of wearing my comfy sweater and baggy pants tonight, I called to learn the "dress code." The woman on the other line explained that its "black pants or a skirt, no slip on shoes, no earrings, and on and on. Then she added employees get a company shirt to wear." What?! I don't want to eat there if it requires different clothes! Then it occurs to me that for some reason, she is explaining what SHE wears to work. Weird, but I'm not too interested in the employee uniform. In answer to my original question, customers must wear "a shirt and shoes." Still confused, I determine its casual, otherwise she wouldn't have had such a difficult time answering my simple question.
Next, we will go see one of the lowest rated movie ever, Date Night or the Backup Plan, and I will probably love it while Hank pretends to hate it. Then we will come home early and fall asleep. We're old and boring.
Why am I writing about all of this nonessential information? Hank is still at work, we're an hour off schedule and I'm hiding from my dirty house.
Lets hear it for our first date night this summer!!!!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Date Night
Posted by Katie I. at 5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Words from the Wise:
Katie you make me laugh...I love it...you know Hank so well....but can I tell you that you are not the only ones that are old and boring....we should hang out when we move back,....we are the same way...
I love the dress code part. I was so confused and then I started laughing out loud. Can't wait to hear how it all played out.
next time get take out chinese and have a picnic on your living room floor... while hank blogs about how amazing his wife is! tell him i'm still waiting for his post!!!!!
Post a Comment