Monday, April 5, 2010

A very good day!

I'm not sure I deserved to have such a great day today...but who am I to argue? In an effort to express my appreciation, I will outline the great things that happened. In order of timing, but the best does happen to occur last....


Naturally, my day began with hitting the snooze button 5 times. I don't know why I do this to myself every morning. Instead of having a relaxed morning, I insist on resembling a tornado on my way to school/work each day. My inevitable actions left me with no breakfast and no lunch. I didnt have time to pack it and even if I did, we haven't been to the grocery store in weeks so it would have consisted of something canned--no thank you.


#1: I walked into marketing this morning (on time---hooray!!) to donuts. My sweet professor brought donuts for everyone to enjoy. Even though I don't normally eat them (unless they're Branbury), I indulged and considered it Heaven-sent to help me get through the next 10 hours before I would eat dinner.



#2: I couldn't get out of work on time to get to a meeting. I was over an hour late by the time I pulled into the Tanner building. As always, there were about 5 cars swarming the parking lot like ravenous sharks. I happened to notice a boy getting in his car so I acted fast to secure his spot. One second later, all the other cars lined up behind me in anger. I won....and felt guilty about it for a few minutes. Bless the parking lot gods for looking over me. I believe in them wholeheartedly.



#3: I called Hank to ask what he wanted for dinner--a trip to the grocery store seemed inevitable after my law class. He informed me that he would be making dinner tonight. I didn't know how to react. In 2 years, he has never made dinner! (I've also never asked him to...) He made delicious tacos for dinner, which cut out my typical 2 hour adventure to make a mediocre dinner. I was in heaven.


#4: Dog.com (yes, somehow in the process of purchasing George I became a member) sent a sampling of 4 Christmas cards of bichons. They encouraged me to order soon, despite Christmas being 8 months away. Maybe they will sell out? Anyways, these cards brought more joy than you could ever understand. We have narrowed the selection down to 2: either 3 smiling bichons asleep on santa's lap or 3 bichons making a snowman with their owners. This one is a front-runner because 90 percent of the card is in cartoon-color format, while the dogs are real life pictures photo shopped in. It's epic. You won't want to miss this, so be sure and leave a comment with your address. Below is a sample for your viewing pleasure. Who makes these things?!!?


#5: As I sat and ate dinner, I began to think of how I needed to run to the store to get dinner for the next few nights. Then an angel appeared in the form of my sweet neighbor Cara, with homemade dinner for this week in hand. She individually packaged our dinner so we could pull it out of the freezer the night before and be set! I didn't even know people could be this nice. Clearly, this amazing act of service was an answer to my prayers to "survive" the next few weeks, allowing me to spend time catching up on homework.



I am so grateful for all the wonderful things that happened today! Thank you!!! :)

1 Words from the Wise:

Jaclyn said...

I love those kinds of days! I am glad it could happen to you especially at a time when it seemed like it was so needed.