Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Graduation Weekend

So, it looks like the last thing on Hank's to do list is blogging. I'm sure he is still proud of me, we just will never really know for sure. :)

My graduation weekend was almost perfect! Elder Christopherson spoke at the university graduation on Thursday--he's great, one might even say better than Dick Cheney. On Friday, everyone came to the Marriott School graduation, where I made an my final appearance walking across the stage. No amount of weight loss prior to graduation could have prepared me enough for the slenderizing effect of a black garbage bag like robe or the cone head cap. The pictures prove it.

I felt on the verge of passing out every night. On Saturday morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn wanting to puke. I quickly learned that half my family had been up ill all night. I knew this was coming. I had a feeling once my stress level subsided, something big was going to happen. Of course, I was right! By noon, I could feel my muscles beginning to cramp up from dehydration and I couldn't tolerate the pain too much longer. Hankie and I took a special trip to get an IV! :) No pictures to represent this event, I looked absolutely horrendous.

Here are some pictures from the weekend!



















A special thank you is in order for my faithful scholarship providers: Barbie & Chad. Without their support, I would likely be living out my childhood dream of living in the little blue playhouse in the backyard on Tomsik. I used to tell them I would be happy living in it and would just stop by the back door when I needed things. I couldn't imagine needing anything beyond that! Needless to say, I'm really outdone myself....only thanks to them!

5 Words from the Wise:

barb said...

It was our pleasure! Thank you for having a bigger dream than a little blue playhouse...do remember though that it never got a front door! For those not in the know, whenever we wanted Chad to do a little "task" he would say, once I get the door on the playhouse (which incidently he built and it was adorable) but alas, the door never materilized...and who knows how many things didn't have to get done! But Katie, you have indeed built your own foundation and hopefully many new doors will open.

Kylee Rowe said...

Yay Katie! That is so awesome! I am so impressed! Now you need to come back to Vegas so I can see you more often! Congrats!

The Yardley's said...

Congrats to you Katie!!! What an acomplishment. OH I loved the little blue playhouse! Many hours spent there!

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

We are way proud and congratulations. I do hope Hank appreciates you! And of course you him. :) Love you both.

Misses Barlow said...

congrats girlie! you're my idol!