Friday, March 5, 2010

Heaven.

I've driven by a sign advertising the opening of a new cupcake store in Provo about 10 times. My curiosity has been killing me--"could it be THE cupcake place I've been dreaming of?...the producers of the ideal solution for my Saturday sweet-tooth splurge?" I assumed it wouldn't meet my expectations, as it had the appearance of a national chain of The Coffee Bean (my mistake--its really called the Cocoa Bean!)

Today as Hank and I met with H&R Block, I couldn't help but wonder the entire time what the cute little store next door contained behind its doors. As we drove away from the appointment, I remembered we forgot to include our tithing....so I demanded Hank run back inside and ask them about it. He left the car running, in park and grudgingly went back inside to fulfill my demand. I sat there, torn. I had a serious decision to make and only a few minutes to make my move. I had to think quick. In a split second, I was reminded of the total of our tax return (much more than we expected) and my unhealthy curiosity to learn more about this cupcake store. I DID IT. I TURNED OFF THE CAR AND RAN INSIDE! (Fat girl, yes. Regrets? no! or at least not until I weigh myself tomorrow.)

I don't typically like to blog about food. Its boring, somewhat embarrassing, and typically unproductive. Today is the exception. I feel morally obligated to share with you what I so deeply enjoyed today.

From one sophisticated palette to another, do your self a favor and invest a portion of your tax refund on a cupcake, or two, or three.

6 Words from the Wise:

John Cannon said...

I made Stephanie go there with me because I love cupcakes and we were very pleased also. Which one did you get?

Stephanie said...

Haha, I was just going to comment and say we've been there a couple of times ... looks like John beat me to it. I like the "Better than Whatever" cupcake. But I've been dying to try the Oreo one. John got the strawberries and cream drink last time and it was SO good!! I may go back just for that!

Taylor said...

A-- I want one.

and B-- how the hell did an H&R block in UTAH not remember to ask you if you paid tithing? I would maybe be a little concerned about what else they could have missed.

Ruth said...

Katie,

I will surely miss you when I move to North Carolina. Luckily, I can blog-stalk you for the rest of our lives. :)

-Ruth

Emily Davis said...

I'm so proud to call you my friend. I think I'll have to go try a brownie.

Emily Davis said...

I meant to say cupcake.