Its come to my attention that the Henrietta the Hen post is getting kind of old. Hank noticed it yesterday, which means its been up for far too long.
I've been hesitant to post since I really have nothing to say...but there are a few things on my mind I can fill up a post with so you don't have to see a picture of a plastic rooster when visiting this site anymore.
1. Speaking of the devil, Henrietta was a huge disappointment. After 14 minutes, the eggs were still not poached. They were runny and gross. I will give her one more shot, and then I will shoot her. I feel obligated to update the small audience of this blog after ranting and raving about her--she didn't live up to my high expectations.
2. Smash Burger was a bust. I've been so excited to try the new burger joint in Provo. I spent at least 20 minutes in law class figuring out my order. Should I get rosemary fries, flash-fried vegetables, or onion rings? Chicken or Hamburger? Diet coke or Hagaan Daz malt? So many options. I decided upon the chicken burger, rosemary fries and diet coke. I would definitely order the diet coke again. :)
3. I've spent countless hours this week trying to understand health insurance. I think I will need to obtain a Ph.D before I can fully comprehend all my options. Does anyone have any advice?
4. Hank announced today he wants to get another dog. Our love for this puppy has gotten out of control!
5. My life has been taken over by television. Nevermind the responsibilities that come with working full-time and graduate school. The only thing that gets me through each day is whatever show will be airing that night. Lame? Yes. But as long as my life is this stressful, television will remain my mental "out."
a. I can't find one woman I want to root for on American Idol. If I don't find one soon, AI may be cross off my top to-do list.
b. I used to find Vienna disgusting. Now, I simply find Jake a dirty, sex craving dirtbag...just the type of guy that belongs on the Bachelor. I'm sorry I originally gave him more credit. He belongs with Vienna. I hope they live happily ever after in her trailer.
c. Why must everyone on Private Practice sleep with eachother? This show has gotten out of control.
d. Brothers & Sisters is ridiculously dramatic, so much that I get embarrassed and hide my head behind a pillow. Interestingly enough, I can't NOT watch it. Ugh.
d. Modern family makes my life worth living. I have never loved a television show quite like this one. The humor that comes from this 30 minute show gets me through the week. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend making this a Wednesday night staple.
Thats enough. I'm rambling....
4 Words from the Wise:
I think you mean PRIVATE practice. You can return Henrietta to Amazon! I am so sorry she failed you. I guess it's time for a non-novelty egg poacher.
They are opening a smashburger here too, by baja fresh on lake mead. guess we won't be going.
Thanks for saving me the countless hours watching those shows. And I agree, Modern Family is hilarious. I wish it were an hour long.
etak, you are so funny! Hope they live happily ever after in her trailer...oops, we brought you home to a trailer, but it also had an expanding living room! Bet she doesn't have that! Pretty darn swanky.
Ahhhhh..... Barb, you have to admit that you had GREAT neighbors in that trailer!
Hugs,
--Shirley
Post a Comment