Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good & Bad News

Good: We're back in Provo! Hank and I had an amazing Christmas vacation, which I will write about later...

Good: George is back in our presence. We missed him like crazy but were super lucky that he had a loving family to stay with over the holiday season (most of the time...I will not discuss my poor decision to allow him to stay with 15 other dogs under the supervision of one old woman, because that would be under "bad" news.) Hank can now stop asking, "When are we going to see George??"

Good: I just checked my grades. This was inspired by Paul Dean's gmail status as "best grades ever." I got competitive and wanted to know if I received my best grades ever. Not sure why I thought this could ever be possible, seeing as how this was the semester from hell. The result? Almost my best grades ever. A special thank you is in order to my team members and professors for being so understanding.

Bad: I turned the heat off before leaving town 2 weeks ago. At the top of my mind was the opportunity to save on utilities! Not sure why I temporarily forgot that Utah is FREEZING, which often leads to the freezing of items inside the house. Luckily, our pipes are fine, all except for the refrigerator. Unfortunately, all liquid items such as detergent, olive oil, etc. are completely frozen. Even the food inside the fridge is frozen. Not my smartest move.

The end.

1 Words from the Wise:

barb said...

Katie, great job on the grades! That is just fabulous. So proud of you.