With massive amounts of snow on the ground this morning, Hank made me take his car to work. I didn't object since my sweet car can't make it out of the parking stall without getting stuck. I love that my car refuses to be useful for an entire season in Utah and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Anyway, as I pulled into the work parking lot today I made a few quick decisions that were actually good ones!
I went straight past the first few spots that are actually "reserved" for guests of the building, mostly because this is where I backed into another car a few weeks ago. Additionally, I could foresee a possible accident based on the positioning of the spots...I'm still not completely clear whether I'm in reverse or in 1st gear. It helps if there is a bit of an incline so I don't go shooting forward or backward, I can feel the roll first! So tricky.
Next, I came to a fork in the parking lot. Do I go right, or left? If I go left, I'm closer to the building and its freezing outside. I went right. Why? I don't know. It made no rational sense. I had open flats on and snow would surely find its way in, not wearing a coat and kind of far to walk, no particular reason to compensate for my inability to drive Hank's car on the right side. I did it anyway. I did get snow in my shoes and I did freeze my butt off. But it wasn't all for nothing.
At lunch time, we pulled out onto University towards Magelby's Fresh and saw a car driving south had slid on ice and fallen down into our parking lot, right onto the tops of cars! My heart goes out to the people who were involved in this accident; I know it could have been me! I am so grateful I listened to my irrational nudges this morning and that we will not be paying for another "accident" for the next few years.
Way to go, me! I sincerely hope this is a sign that our bad luck spell is on its way out! Cross your fingers.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Could the Bad Luck Spell be Over?!
Posted by Katie I. at 6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Words from the Wise:
Consider them crossed.
OH WOW!!! You did get lucky. I'd be so mad if my car get smashed like that!
This is good news, although I have to question the wisdom of your shoes and outerwear given the conditions!
Post a Comment