The Little Red Hen
Once upon a time, there was a little red hen who lived on a farm . She was friends with a lazy dog and a sleepy husband.
One day the little red hen found an empty fridge. The little red hen had an idea. She would go to the grocery store.
The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will go grocery shopping with me?"
"Not I," barked the lazy dog.
"Not I," groaned the sleepy husband.
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen went to the grocery store all by herself.
When the groceries were purchased, the little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me unload the car and put the groceries away?"
"Not I," barked the lazy dog .
"Not I," groaned the sleepy husband.
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen unloaded and put the groceries away all by herself.
When meal time came around, the little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me prepare the meal?"
"Not I," barked the lazy dog .
"Not I," groaned the sleepy husband.
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen washed, chopped, grilled and prepared the meal and brought it to the table.
The tired little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me eat the meal ?"
"I will," barked the lazy dog .
"I will," groaned the sleepy husband.
"No!" said the little red hen . "I will." And the little red hen ate the meal all by herself.
4 Words from the Wise:
I love it. That is so my house. I think me and the little red hen could be good friends.
Kathryn, I love it! Classic! Classic! Although, these days I'm probably the sleepy wife. :(
Katie, didn't you know we are the red hens? Somedays you just wish for once though, that all those damn little chicks would carry their weight. The desire to make a quick batch of chicken and noodles is overwhelming.
You changed all your pictures! A nice touch.
Post a Comment