Thursday, November 12, 2009

2009 Brooke Rieder Day

I love this girl...

and so does every body else. Who wouldn't? She graces the MPA program each day in a never-before-seen colorful outfit, head to toe in matching accessories with a big smile on her face. She brightens the day of all she comes in contact with, leaving everyone questioning the source of her happiness.
In honor of our beloved friend, the MPA women dressed up as Brooke yesterday. The Tanner building halls were filled with the color pink, bows, polka dots, hounds tooth, heels, and lots of accessories. Some women reported being "looked at funny" for their seemingly "loud" outfits.
I must commend Brooke on the time and commitment she endures each morning to produce such a fabulous ensemble. I can honestly say the extra work added a good 20 minutes to my daily routine, something I have vowed to never do again. It was extremely stressful.

However, I learned very valuable lessons from my experience dressing like Brooke for a day.

Dressing like her

1. is uncomfortable. This exact phrase was repeated by a number of women throughout the day.

2. takes a lot of time. Commitment is required.

3. requires a closet the size of Lavell Edwards Stadium. Its just not practical.

4. turns heads. Obviously, those who "talk" are just jealous they don't have the guts to wear such a fabulous outfit.

and the take home lesson....
5. makes people happy. The morale of the MPA program has never reached such heights. Smiles were rampant. Giggles quite common. Squealing about outfits nonstop. Everybody was happy.

Even professors...


1 Words from the Wise:

Stephanie said...

Good for her! But, you're right. I just won't spend that time every morning trying to put something together that I won't be comfortable in. Wish I could! It'd be fun!