While I was making dinner right after church, Hank asked me if I could think of an adjective describing myself that started with a "Y." I thought for a few minutes but couldn't come up with anything. After racking my sweet little brain for a few minutes, I asked "why!?" There obviously had to be a reason Hank was trying to find a word to describe me that started with a "Y??"
He got awkward and said he wasn't allowed to tell me. (I wasn't going to let that happen...) After agreeing that I wouldn't be offended, he said that in church they did an activity where he was asked to spell out my name and come up with adjectives to describe me. It is apparently supposed to be a surprise that the Relief Society will deliver to me next week. I have a feeling mine will never get to me based on the content. I sincerely hope mine won't ever find me in the distant nursery room. It is on the other side of the chapel.
As far as I've been told, it will look something like this.
K
A
T
H- hungry
R
Y- yappy
N
You can only imagine my response. Dear Relief Society sister, please intercept this card. I am probably better off without it. The possibilities for the k, a, t, r, and n are limitless.
Clearly, Hank just needed more time. He said he almost raised his hand to ask others if they could think of a different "y" word....but they collected the cards too quickly for such a rational idea to occur. Next time, maybe I could just go by "Katie," thus eliminating the chances for words like "hungry" and "yappy."
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Y is for....
Posted by Katie I. at 8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Words from the Wise:
Oh my goodness. What a perfect way to end the day, reading about your sweet Hank. I'm sure it was all with the best intentions. :)
Oh, and I found these when I googled "y adjectives" (it yacking could have been worse):
yanking
yapping
yappy
yawning
year-long
yearly
yearning
yeasty
yellow
yellow-bellied
yellowish
yelping
yentilish
yesterday's
yiddish
yielding
yipping
yodeling
yon
yonder
young
youngish
your
yours
youthful
yoyoing
yucky
Yugoslavian
yummy
you can google adjectives!
How about young-hearted, youthful, or yummy?
I'd have also enjoyed yeasty, yellow-bellied, and yentilish. ;)
What Hank should have written:
K: kissable
A: agreeable
T: titilating
H: hot
R: romantic
Y: yummy
N: naughty & nice
Wow i am totally with Barb on this one. Come on HANK!!!!!!
Post a Comment