Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Had to DO!

Finding a groomer for George.

I didn't know where to start! So naturally, I googled "groomer in Provo" and "groomer in Orem," only to find lists of businesses in the area. No reviews, nothing. How do I know if they are good?
How do I know if they will cut my bichon to look
like this?
Or this? Since this will be his first hair cut, I'm worried I will choose a groomer that will butcher his sweet "puppy cut." How do I know if they've really groomed a bichon before? Are they just lying to win my business in this rough economy? I feel like they are. Should I judge the quality of the groomer on whether they have a website? Surely, every successful business establishes a website these days, right? Wrong. I called every groomer with a website, only to find they were all out of business but one: a mobile dog groomer. Creepy!

After failure with my current strategy, I decided to give non-websited groomers a chance. Maybe they are using the money they could have used to buy an expensive website to purchase excellent grooming tools? After spending WAY too much time on this task, the first non-websited groomer who answered the phone won my business. I scheduled an appointment for Friday at 10 am at Stylin Pets Salon....it sounds cute, right? We will see.

2 Words from the Wise:

barb said...

I don't know if you remember the first time I took Willie to the groomer, but sweet Daddy drove over to the groomers when I picked him up so he could see him. I remember the groomer said she would have to put a muzzle on him if he didn't learn how to behave. What was a little puppy to do? Needless, to say we never went back. I sure George will be a model puppy.

terryandkrisstewart said...

Katie, Call the people you bought george from.. They may just be the ticket for the perfect groomer!! George still looks cute.. Kylee's puppy still looks a little homeless, however so adorable and happy. They dont' care what they look like, unlike us humans.... Love you and your cute blog, and I miss your MOM!!! hi Barb...It is quite traumatic.. Wait till you have kids. Then picking a groomer is a whole diffeent experience. :)