Monday, August 3, 2009

"Kids Just Say The Darndest Things"

I think its in Woman's World or some magazine like that. There is a section dedicated to the funny and sweet things children say, often seemingly made-up by the parent.

Hank fell asleep after dinner, not exactly what I had planned for Family Night, but whatever! I sat at his feet reading my book "The Bichon Frise," when he jumped up and said "Everyone in the car! We're going to get a treat for Family Night!"

You probably had to be there, but I laughed so hard! Who is everyone? As far as I'm aware, I'm the only other person in the family. Additionally, what sparked this random jolt of energy? I thought he was out cold for the night! Weird boy.

As we were driving to get ice cream, I started laughing again about the unexpected occurrence of events. He said, "Sometimes I say just the darndest things." I am still trying to put it all together--has Hank read Woman's World?!!?!?

5 Words from the Wise:

barb said...

It as a tv show from our childhood. It was Art Linkletter. I am so old I remember watching it.

Taylor said...

why does mom comment on every one of your posts? i don't think she has ever written on mine. :(

Katie I. said...

Maybe its because she loves me more?

Maybe its because I'm her favorite.

or

Maybe its because you only ever post pictures, of which she was present when they were taken?

I'm going to pretend its the first answer, but you should probably go with the last.

Kiana Hayden said...

That little Hankie Poo is so cute!

E-Roz said...

he probably thought i was already in provo... and was going go get me a treat?!?! aww how nice...