Thursday, August 6, 2009

Do I have a DOG or a SUPERDOG? by Hank

Okay, So I came home from school today to check on the little rug rat to see how he is doing. I must admit that he is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Last night I tried to hog him all night long. While Katie was doing the paperwork for the dog, I got to spend 45 minutes with him, and we bonded a bit better. Naturally, he seems to like me a bit more. Anyway, when I left for school this morning, Katie was stressing out about his crate and his play area. She made me set up the crate and then make some sort of barrier so he could not run through the main floor of the house pissing on everything. I put a suitcase welder in the way thinking that he can't hop up a stair that is 8 inches tall. I figured that there would be no way in hell that he could jump up a slick, 15 inch tall box.. I came home to this..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Sometimes control freaks like things their way!!! :) What was George going to do at the tender age of 7 weeks? Walls like that kept the Chinese in their own country for years!!!

Now, we did get this Bichon book in preparation for the dog. Katie needs very little for an excuse in order to start buying things. One of the pages talks about ideas to keep the dogs in shape, and there was this picture..

Photobucket

Oh sweet girl. He is just a little guys still. Kobe Bryant did not have 10 foot walls in his crib as a young lad! We will chalk this one up to "lack of sleep". Katie says that the dog had her up all night. All I know is that it put her in a bad mood this morning. IF this is what it is like blogger community, I do not see kids in our near future. :) Love Hank

10 Words from the Wise:

Taylor said...

at first i thought the dog had made it over that great wall and was really impressed. then i realized you are just making fun of my crazy sister. he is so dang cute i'm so jealous.

Katie I. said...

Oh my heck!! I must defend myself!! As I was leaving to go to work, he propped himself up onto the 13 inch welding box, looking for a way to escape! All he had to do is add a little spring to his hind-legs and he was FREE! Free to pee (sorry for Hank's choice of words) all over the house...which, might I add, I would be the one to clean up.

lauren said...

hank your hilarious! things havent changed with you!

Taylor said...

also, the mother in me cannot help but worry about the entrapment hazard this poses. imagine if he were to knock it over--- little guy. perhaps it's time to invest in one of these? http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Hands-Free-Gate/dp/B000058CC7

Katie I. said...

Oh, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I only put the white plastic laundry basket on top!! Where did the other three come from, Hank?!? Youre so dramatic. :)

Nicole said...

SUPERDOG, definitely.

Go out and get a baby gate at target or ikea. We've made it through M's life without one, but I would own one in a minute if I had a puppy in my house.

barb said...

Hank you are the cutest! I can feel the love! So touching to see you enjoy George just as much as Kaite. Who wouldn't. I can feel Chad starting to cave. He has one concern, that he will be seventy and that is not in dog years, when this puppy approaches it's life expectancy. A very scary thought.

Aurelie said...

Katie, He is SO cute!!!
When you pick up my children, grab the gate behind the red IKEA chair in the den. George will like it better, he'll be able to see out. You can borrow it a LONG time.

Aurelie said...

Just realized it was probably too late. You hopefully already picked up the monkeygirl and monkeyboy. I had forgotten what day it was. Vacation ROCKS!

kristin said...

Is that a picture of Willie jumping the hurdle back in the good ole days? Poor bug...struggles to get through the doggy door now.