Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Puppy Prep

There are quite a few things we need to do before we bring our puppy home within the next week. Before I get to that, thank you to all who commented and suggested names for our sweet little puppy. Honestly, about 99% of your suggestions were on our favorites list! Either great minds think alike or that puppy just really has a "look" about him. :)

The puppy's name will be GEORGE! If we are going to have a child named Henry, which Hank swears we are....then we need to name the dog accordingly. Henry and George simply go hand in hand. Both some type of conquers or rulers, that's for sure.

We have been doing a lot of planning for George's arrival in our home. Hank has been talking A LOT about the grass he will plant in our back yard, the little crate he will build, and the weeds he will pull--as to clear the current Amazonian state of our back yard. So far none of this has happened, but I'm super excited at the thought of it!

On a somewhat unrelated note, I googled our names yesterday. I was absolutely appalled at what showed up in my search! Every comment I've ever made on anyone's blog showed up....a little more information than I am comfortable with the public viewing.

I really don't care who reads our blog...if you enjoy/make fun of/ or even like reading it, PLEASE leave your email address on the comment portion below. It is not my intention to block current readers from our site! I just don't want my stupid comments to be visible tothe world. This seems like an appropriate time to "go private" as we have a new little addition to our family. Ya never know what kind of dog nappers are out there! Right?

Again, if you would like to continue to read this blog, please leave your email address below. Thanks!

17 Words from the Wise:

Kathryn e. said...

I win! Actually your mom already told Bets that you had picked that name. McKay is so happy to know that he has someone named after him! Add us to your list...kholley23@msn.com

Darci Buhl said...

muffit702@aol.com. I'm a total blog stalker. I'm thinking its about time for me to go private too. Cute puppy, by the way!

McKenzie said...

Kathryn, you make me laugh, and we love reading your blog! Please keep us on:kenzieut at gmail dot com and ryanbdavies at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

your last name no space elardo at yahoo dot com.

But, the bigger problem is that you have your full name in your blogger profile. Going private on your blog will not change the fact that your comments will still show up when googled if you comment on non private blogs. Just saying.

The reality is that we share a very uncommon last name which makes us easily googable. Think long and hard about using it online on blogs and forums.

Jaclyn said...

Make sure to include me. ;)
Sisterke2003@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie- I love reading your blog. Add me.

yoakum5@hotmail.com

Thanks- Kristie Yoakum

Love the new puppy. So cute.

Kathy said...

We love reading your blog! You two are so cute! Long time friends of Hank's mom and dad! Friends with Hank's sister Aurelie! My husband's brother and John were best friends growing up in McGill!
kathybrunson@yahoo.com

Stephanie said...

I want in!!

stephcannon09@gmail.com

lauren said...

add us jasonlaurenjohnson@gmail.com

Ruth said...

You know my e-mail address. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

We wouldn't want to be left out. I'm anxious to know more about 'George'. Cute name. Love you evadean@gmail.com
I figure the whole world knows all about everyone anymore. I don't worry about it. I don't post nude pictures of my children or grandchildren. :) I think I took our name of our blog. Not sure about that.

barb said...

Add me! How would I fill my time if I couldn't check your blog several times a day for any new updates.

John or Renee said...

Katie, I love your comment about the Henry thing. I have felt your pain. It is nice to know that not only is Hank not bitter about his first name, he plans to continue to carry on the tradition! It wasn't my first choice either.

Leigh said...

Add me please! joyfull.leigh@gmail.com

mykinda said...

Please don't leave us out... Love keeping up with what you are doing.
--Shirley
mykinda@comnett.net

Raymon said...

Pick me! raymon.burton@gmail.com

The Yardley's said...

rkyardstick@hotmail.com