Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hank Fell.

Really hard apparently. He went dirt bike riding this weekend with Chaddie and Chris. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen, but I seem to always have that feeling. After he had been home a while he showed me his "wound," a mutilated knee cap. It was disgusting.


Later that night we realized the bleeding wasn't going to stop on its own so a special family member stepped in and stitched him up! (Thank you!!!) A few days later Hank admitted for the first time his knee was in extreme pain and that something might be broken....only to be confirmed today by the Student Health Center. Fabulous.


Ironically, Hank was helpful around the house until now. Suddenly he cannot do anything I ask. I am not sure whether to protest this sudden transformation to an invalid or just accept it and let him order me around for the next few weeks. Since I am sick 90% of the time, I am going to just let him bask in his glory.


Here is a picture of Hank's work....


We are so proud. Good job Hank. :)

5 Words from the Wise:

McKenzie said...

Oh my goodness you two are troopers. I would not be able to handle all of the accidents and such. You are my inspiration for optimism and positivity.

Nicole said...

/shaking my head/

As I started to write this comment, J asked "what's new?" and I replied "hank broke his knee" to which J replied "that's not new." I think this may explain the nagging feeling you always have!

In all seriousness, brother, I'm sorry your knee is hurt and hope it starts mending soon. Katie, I'm sorry you have to play nurse to the "new" invalid. Hopefully he is a tolerable patient.

Taylor said...

uhm. i'm not sure what makes me more uncomfortable: the amount of hank's leg i'm seeing or the fact that it is shaved.

Katie I. said...

Well, the fact that his leg is the size of a normal person's arm, i thought it might not gross anyone out. It could actually be an elbow, look at it that way.

He had to shave it so the bandaids and wraps would stop pulling the hairs out...and used my razor to do it, yuck.

barb said...

Hank, I am so sorry! I knew there might be something going on more than a cut and bruises when it was double the size of the other knee. I think "riding pants" might be in order for the next ride or I could lend you my old roller blade knee guards! Heal quickly!