Since we really don't get to spend much time together, I called an emergency "family day" on Saturday. We decided we would get breakfast and spend the day at Seven Peaks Water Park. After living in Provo for about 7 years now, I felt it was about time to indulge myself with a trip to the water park!
I woke up around 8 am (very early for me) and packed a little bag full of pool essentials, then proceeded to wake up Hank. About an hour and a half later, we were headed out the door! First to Kneaders for unlimited French toast, next to Costco for discounted tickets, and finally to Seven Peaks! All psyched and ready for the day, Hank and I opened the front door to see RAIN! Being JULY and all, I had not planned for this scenario! Hurriedly, I checked weather.com to learn that it was sunny outside- clearly an inaccurate source.
In hopes that the rain would just blow over, we proceeded with our original plan. I cannot believe I have NEVER had Kneader's unlimited French toast. It was absolutely divine and I have already replaced my previous favorite, Magelby's, with Kneaders. On the way to the park, it started raining even harder. At this point, reality set in..... along with a bout of depression.
We asked the parking attendant what the chances were they would shut it down. After suggesting she would wait for another day, I made the mature decision to postpone our long-awaited family day activity. Fact: a few warm tears were shed.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Family Day!
Posted by Katie I. at 5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Words from the Wise:
Now that is called saving for a rainy day! Poor Katie-did.
Post a Comment