Saturday, June 6, 2009
WHALE WARS
Speaking of Animal Planet.....The Smashing Pumpkins song and dramatic scene of hunted whales in the previews really got to me. I wanted to see Whale Wars so much that I stayed up until 1am to check it out.
One aspect of the show that really interested me was that these people self-appoint themselves as international law enforcement. I definitely don't think whales should be hunted, but I am unsure of policing international waters...especially by a crew of amateur, unorganized tree huggers. Naturally, I was extremely interested to see what they were going to do to the Japanese hunters. The first hour the crew approached the ship. The second hour was filled with their attempts to stop whale hunting.
From the previews, I had seen the crew board the Japanese ships so I was expecting some type of verbal or fist fight? Not exactly. They pull up close to the ship and throw bottles of rotten butter and slippery soap on board!!!! Really?!? THAT will stop them! Then they get on the intercom and throw out one-liners to really "teach them!"
I was so embarrassed as I watched it all go down. Perhaps their time, money, and passion could be more used more effectively protecting the whales than throwing rotten butter and soap at the Japanese.
Note: the Japanese fought back with flash grenades and gas. A little more intimidating.
Posted by Katie I. at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Words from the Wise:
Um me and Brandon watched like 5 hours of this show yesterday! We are so pathetic. It got old for me after awhile. But I so have to say, I LOVE the theme song! It makes me all pumped up. I need a hobby
Post a Comment