On Sunday June 14, Hank and I celebrated our first anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married an entire year. We have definately reached the point where we must stop using "we just got married" as an excuse for many things. (For example, not having changed my name!!!!) Which leads me to my next point....
Gifts. My gift to Hank? I CHANGED MY NAME! You would think I was opposed to the idea of accepting a different last name (so I am kinda attached to mine, but I came to terms with the need to change it many years ago). The REAL problem is that I'm lazy. So I mustered up enough energy to deal with the emotional and physical pain of sitting in the social security office and drivers license office all in one day---all for Hank. I thought this would be the perfect gift: free, necessary, and somewhat of an honor. The result? Hank wasn't all that excited.
Hank's gifts to me? Amazing. Perfect. He planned the sweetest, most romantic little evening and I loved every minute of it! His gifts totally blew my gift away.
We spent the some time in Park City celebrating the momentous date. We had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse which was absolutely divine. However, remind me next time NOT to order the petite filet minon, as it is literally the size of a golf ball. I think this dinner date should become a tradition, especially since they gladly give out free desert for anniversary celebrations and their cheesecake is amazing.
Since I never actually did, I thought I would post some wedding photos from our photographer Candace Simpson.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Our First Anniversary
Posted by Katie I. at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 Words from the Wise:
How funny! I changed my name for our 3rd anniversary so you are way ahead of the game:) Cute pics!
Congrats on surviving a year with Hank and on the new job!
Katie that picture of you and Chaddie is BEAUTIFUL.
I finally changed my last name and it only took me 2 kids and 4 1/2 years of marriage! I love your pictures...you looked so beautiful! p.s. congrats on the job!
your photographer was amazing, i love all the black and white ones.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! and i think that was a great gift on your part! i have not comes to terms with it...guys dont realize how big of a deal it is
Love seeing these photos. I never saw your little wedding. Looks amazing and you look beautiful!!! Hope you both are well.
Post a Comment