A little boy at an orphanage who fell in love with Raymon :)
A diva in the making...
Same orphanage...
This little boy and the next few pictures are from an AIDS orphanage near Ho called New Seed. It serves as a school for children and a place for adults to get care during the day. The children have been adopted by families within the community without the knowledge that the children are inflicted with HIV. The orphanage manager said its important the families do NOT find out because they will send them out on the streets. New Seed educates the children and provides necessary health care during the day. Most of these children are very sick (by no fault of their own!), as you can see by this little boy's yellow eyes.
A village whose school already has a merry-go-round...
A little girl from that same community.
A close-up of the so-called village leader :)
I love him.
Can't get enough of him! haha
I think my blog is starting to look like the ads on tv urging you to sponsor a child for "just $1 a day..."
Does anyone know how to download a video that's about 7 minutes long? It seems that its too large for Blogger (I allow it to load for a few hours, then it just gives me an error)...so maybe an external site? Please let me know if you do. I have a few videos that I am in love with and would love to share them with anyone who is interested! :)
BTW, I'm still anxiously awaiting a diagnosis...any day now would be great! Next time I go to Ghana, I will be sure to bring an entire suitcase of my own food and water!!! :)
3 Words from the Wise:
you should send these to national geographic or something! i never had desire to go to africa or anything, but this made me want to
That is so sad to see all the little kids that have no parents. I think that i would have cried. They look so sweet. Its amazing the different lifestyles of other countries. Its sad to see how some people live and how sweet and humble they are even with the circumstances they have been handed. Such a cool opportunity for you to have visited Africa! I hope you are feeling better!
It was so nice to see you for a few minutes at David and Jill's. I do hope you are feeling a little better. Any results yet? We look forward to see you on your way to Vegas for Emily's graduation. We started home on Tuesday and got as far as Cedar and here we are still. Love you and get well soon!
Post a Comment