Thursday, March 12, 2009

1 year and 4 days ago....






Hankie proposed to me! :)



For those of you who don't know, we went on a little vaca to Florida last March. First, we went to Disney World, naturally because Hank had never been. Next, we went and visited my sweet Grandparents in Long Boat Key! One night as we were walking on the beach looking for seashells, he leaned down and proposed! I did NOT expect it at all, so I said stupid things like, "did you ask my dad?!?" and "are you serious?"Anyways, forgetting about that, it was amazing and so much fun to run in and jump on my grandparents bed at midnight to share the news! The next morning, all the old people roaming around Buttonwood Cove congratulated us and were so happy we were engaged on "their beach." One man even arranged his kayaks at the dock so we could go on a little tour of the bay.


I can't believe that was ONE YEAR AGO....


Then.....




Now.....

I love my Hankie!!! :)

4 Words from the Wise:

E-Roz said...

yep he's still a twerp! it's crazy to think that its been a year!

Darci Buhl said...

When my husband proposed, I was so in shock that I said "what are you doing?!?" with this totally confused look on my face. Talk about ruining the moment. So dont worry-you're not the only one who didnt respond with the perfect answer:)

Ruth said...

:) You're great!

Pamela Williams said...

i wish i could enlarge these pictures! i always thought it was super romantic the way he proposed...im so glad you two are happy & that youre a part of your family!