Friday, January 23, 2009

My own worst enemy

I really get annoyed when people don't update their blogs once in a while. Their negligence puts a real damper on my blog-stalking, forcing me to pay attention in class or find something else to look at on the internet. Interestingly, I learned yesterday that "Generation Y" (of which I fall into) must constantly be multitaksing....which explains my need to blog-stalk in class. Anyway, in the event that others have been irritated with my lack of a post, here goes!


1. I had a birthday and I'm old. No offense to those of you who are older than me, I don't think of you as old...only myself. Fortunately I got many wonderful gift to mask the disappointment of my aging body.




For example, this beautiful dining room table, compliments of Barbie and Chad. Not sure if Chad knows about it though.... :)



My sweet mom came for a few days to celebrate my birth. We had so much fun having our first overnight guest, and it didn't hurt that she did her fair share of housework. I would wake up to an unloaded dishwasher (a first), clean and folded laundry, and other unexpected changes to our humble abode. She earned a permanent room in our house, as we have been refering to it as "Barbie's room" since.

2. Hankie has finalized his decision to study mechanical engineering...which means only 96 more credits to go! Ugh. Good thing I love him because I am determined to get out of Provo ASAP and this decision adds a few extra years to my stay. He has been working so hard to get good grades in school and provide for our little family by working 2 jobs. Which may have you asking, "why don't you work, Katie?" Well, I'm trying...which leads me to #3.

3. I'm in Phoenix!!! The Marriot School of Management decided to cancel class for a week and have a career trip for MPA students. I was applied to the Phoenix trip, conveniently the location of my Krissy! Thankfully, they let me come a few days early to visit her! Starting Tuesday, I (along with 5 other students) will go meet with about 15 potential employers, begging for a job! hahaha! Hopefully Mayo Clinic wants to offer me a job upon graduation, at which point I will drag Hankie by his gangly toes to Phoenix to live. I have this idea in my head that I want to go into non-profit hospital administration, possibly influenced by my love of House and desire to be like Cuddy? Who knows! :)

Thats all for now. I'm bored of my own stories. I hope all of you who aren't updating your blogs are doing well!

10 Words from the Wise:

Nicole said...

Ok, Ok, guilty as charged. I have one brewing, but took the day (which turned into a week) off for my own birthday! I'm getting to be quite old myself!

I'm so glad hanky has decided on ME. Next to going to law school (since he can argue like no other), I really think that is a great match... and if I know my brother, he is much more likely to do well if he likes it. Sorry it means so much time in Provo.

Nicole said...

Oh, and it is so early and M had such a rough night last night that I forgot the most important part....

HAAAAAAPPPPPPPY (belated) BIRRRRRTHDAAAAAY!!!!!!

Colter & Kelsie Marshall said...

Hey KatieBug,
So other than being really sick... its a problem... but I am doing good... other problem is that oh thats right I live in the middle of no where...so I cant get a good enough internet connection to upload pictures for you to look at...so hence the reason I havent been bloggin so well...but I will try again...lol
Did you know that Mechanical Engineering is what Colter is doing...but more on an aviation side of things...oh but who knows... he might wake up and decide with civil engineering... but I am glad that everything is well...
Wish me luck... I am off to korea in 12 days...yup love ya

Kathryn e. said...

love the table...Happy Late Birthday!

Kathryn e. said...

p.s. thank you for finally updating your blog!

E-Roz said...

funny how EVERYONE is making excuses... slackers... as for me i don't need a excuse i'm just that good and the fact that i've blogged more than all you blog experts put together and my blog isn't even a month old... beat that!

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

It's a great blog and yes you did need to update and thank you. I also think ME is a great field for Hank. It's in the genes. We miss seeing you and hope you will stop by sometime. Love you both. Take care. Oh and yes the table........I like your good taste. It looks great!

Pamela Williams said...

i wish hank would tell me these things during our convos...all he does is ask me for the latest gossip

but, im glad we have YOU and your expertise in blogging (sorry ive been a slacker)

sorry to hear about more time in provo, i would KILL myself. cold & snow, my worst enemies...

mechanical engineering will be SO good for him, hes so savvy with his car (im jealous of his s4!)

Kylee Rowe said...

Happy, Happy Late Birthday to you! I am a horrible cousin! I hope you had a great birthday! How are you? Are you coming to Vegas anytime soon?! I would love to see you! We may be coming up to Salt Lake in the next month. Talk to you sooN! XOXO
Kylee

McKenzie said...

Haha... I LOVE House! And Yes, you could be Cuddy. That would be very fitting, and plus, you'd make lots of money. :)

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day and trip in Arizona!