We moved!! This week, we packed up our tiny little apartment and moved into a beautiful townhouse. While competition existed for this place as well, we finally lucked out and its a good thing....because I could not spend anymore time and energy on the housing search!
Last night after class, Hank and I went back to Cambridge to do the deep cleaning- a completely unsatisfying endevor due to the old and poor quality of the apartment. In order to futher explain this point, we barely passed our cleaning check because they didn't feel the apartment was clean. Luckily, Hank was WATCHING me scrub the apartment clean so he knew it, in fact, it was clean. He had them look at the original check in report (how dirty we found it) and we had checked every box possible! :) I'm so proud of Hankie! Because of his hostility, there will be no cleaning charges! So.....we are out of that dump and I am so happy about it.
The best part, however, was in dividing up the chores of the cleaning check. I would start a task, then Hank would decide THAT was what HE wanted to be doing. He was always skeptical I was taking the FUN chores. ... so he tried them until he realized nothing was fun and would abandon it immediately. This happened quite a few times! In the end, we each did about half of each task! Funny boy!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Good things come to those who wait.
Posted by Katie I. at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Words from the Wise:
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Iroz house.
Congrats on your new townhome! I can't wait to come visit!
See, Katie! Remember when I said, " It will be okay, you will find a place." Just once I would like to hear in this lifetime, "Mom, you were right."
Mom, you are always right. Its just that no one wants to tell you that. You will get cocky and its my goal not to let that happen. Thats why. Mom, you were wrong.
Post a Comment