I often look back with amazement of the certainty by which I knew I wanted to marry Hank. We didn't date for that long, so I encountered the question, "are you sure?" from a few people. I knew I was sure, just didn't know exactly why...although I didn't really care why. I was sick of over analyzing things in my life.
After 3 years of marriage, I know why: he makes me laugh. Hard.
I saw him at Institute after moving back home from BYU. I met him years back in my High School Physics class and vaguely remembered him. I specifically remember him showing me that all the weird bones he had broken on his body. Romantic? No. Memorable? Yes. I remember him waltzing into class on his own schedule and leaving when he felt his presence was no longer needed. Certainly a different breed :)
I'll never forget the day he asked me on a date. I gave him approximately 3 excuses why that wouldn't work for me, to which he told me those were stupid. He was right, they were, but I didn't particularly feel like putting myself out there. Luckily, he made that pretty easy by telling me when we'd be going on dates. I liked that; I hate decisions.
We celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Tuesday. I can't believe its been so long!
I noticed the other day he started saying, "I've still got it!" After ignoring it the first 10 times, I finally asked what the heck he was talking about! He giggled, as he had been waiting for me to acknowledge his clever new phrase, and explained that he still has the magic touch to make me laugh. Its true. He's hilarious and knows exactly what will get me.
I'm so thankful for his positive influence in our family and his ability to bring laughter to every situation. As it turns out, life is hard enough and its nice to have someone to laugh with/at!
3 Words from the Wise:
You two are so cute!!!
Ah, I love it! You are such a great couple!
I love this! You guys are so cute! Steven makes me laugh so hard too and I just love that about him!
Post a Comment