Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big Changes

I've been hiding a secret for a few weeks now and I've got to get it off my chest.


I got bangs.

Not Kelly Kapowski bangs. The kind that are mid-eye length. They're obnoxious, but I think I like them. Mostly because of the following:

- They make Kellen giggle. I can turn my head, swooshing them back and forth and guarantee a cackle. He could be laughing because he thinks they look stupid, but who cares?!

- Hank gave me a new nickname: Busy Bangs. Seeing as how I don't sit down and relax, he follows me around the house wondering what busy bangs is doing. Interestingly enough, however, rarely ever offers to help.

- Every morning as I try to style them, I'm taken back to the 1980's when I insisted on curling and fluffing my own bangs. I get a good chuckle when I remember how far back my bangs started, seriously in the middle of my head. I'm certain I could sue my hairstylist Jackie for irreparable emotional damage....but then she'd probably have a case that I was the one who willingly curled, teased, and sprayed the hell out of my poof. We were both guilty of serious crimes.

- I half expect to have the opportunity to explain to a police officer that "I hit that car because I couldn't see, my bangs were in the way!"

- People stare at me and know something is different. Once they ask, Hank or I proudly exclaim, "She/I got BANGS!"

Bang is the funniest word ever. We get a kick out of it, so expect us to laugh like children using a bad word when we say it.

1 Words from the Wise:

Nicole said...

And no picture? What kind of announcement is this?