Oh wow. Seeing as how my last post took place when Kellen was 4 months old, its easy to do the math. Its been exactly one month since I posted. Surely you're all sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what we've been up to lately...
And rightfully so. Its exhilarating stuff.
- Lots of eliminating foods:
Kellen has decided to be "sensitive" and react to nearly everything I eat. In an desperate effort to find the offender, I had to eliminate milk, soy, eggs, beef, wheat, nuts, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries and corn all at once. Trivia question: What can I eat? Answer: NOTHING! The first three days I literally shook from lack of crap food. I've learned a few things in this journey. 1) I eat mostly junk 2) hank eats only junk 3) people that shop at health food stores must spend their entire paycheck on groceries 4) i'm addicted to foods that contain soy and anything that contains flour 5) from now on, we are eating much healthier around here.
Today my doctor determined that we may never figure out what is bothering him. Soooo...I'm done! First stop? Cafe Rio. Second? Sweet Tooth Fairy.
I feel like a glutton already.
- Lots of working & school:
Hank works and goes to school all day then comes home and plays super dad at night. I work and play mom all day. To state it eloquently, its very hard. We're so thankful for family that helps to ease our burden! And its so worth it because....
- Lots of gawking over our baby:
He's simply amazing. We are still in awe of our little creation and its highly unlikely this fascination will die down anytime soon. He couldn't be more perfect. He has brought more joy to our lives than we could ever have imagined. He giggles, flirts, squawks, smiles at himself in the mirror, eats his toes, pees in the bathtub every time...you name it, I'm in love with it.

8 Words from the Wise:
Bummer on the elimination diet(s)! We don't eat too much junk in this house but I know I would *die* without dairy and wheat. I might be able to do without one or the other but both probably would kill me!
Thanks for lots of pics. K is getting so big! I had to click through the first one with his binky. It totally took me back to M at that age when M's favorite binky was the same brand. His had a duck instead of a bunny. Arie dubbed it his 'ducky' and it totally stuck until he gave it up just shy of 2 - ok, so he lost all of his toddler ones and returned to the infant ducky which we left the precious ducky at the sitter's by mistake. Well, after an awful night, I just forged forward.
But don't worry about that now. Just enjoy!
FINALLY!!! :) Kellen is SO cute!! Post more pictures! Loved the update. Glad to see George is still getting a shout out on the blog. Give Kellen a hug and kiss from me. Miss you guys.
We were in Monroe??! Really?? This whole time I thought we were in MORGAN! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!! I sat there for a minute trying to figure out what cousin of ours lived in Monroe, then I saw Grandma's dress and I WAS THERE TOO!! But the crazy thing is I was in Morgan!!!
OMG he is so dang cute! And you look great too! Oh, and I was at the edge of my seat waiting for your post! Keep it up!
Let's make a deal: if you move back to Vegas, I will watch Kellen for you while you work. I miss you guys so much! Eli was going on and on today about how he bad he wants to play with Kellen. At least that's how I interpreted his gibberish as. At least come visit!
Even though you are my little girl and I know a lot of what happens, I too, anxiously await any new blog entries! I love to see my sweet kids in pictures and details of your life. Kisses to all three of you and a sweet pat behind the ears for George.
OK,So I just stumbeled upon your BLOG, and KATIE! I miss you! You have helped fill my quota on smiling today...Thank you!
Kellen is SO dang cute!! I need to see you guys! I just love you. I had the same problem with Levi and the whole boob milk sensitive thing. I was good like you for awhile and ate nothing that should have upset him....and he was still grumpy. If he was going to be grumpy either way, then no need for me to be grumpy too! So I welcomed back in crap food. :-) Hope it gets better for you!
Post a Comment