I love my new job. I'm certainly not complaining about my "real" job, the one that results in a paycheck, but being a mom is the best.
The satisfaction that comes from my new role could never measure up to any form of accomplishment in the professional world. I'm certain of that.
Going to school for 6 years and landing my dream job? Far better to endure 9 months of pregnancy, 20 hours of labor and a c-section to get a baby
Fundraising $10's of thousands of dollars? Far more exhilarating finding diapers a few dollars off!
Mingling with executives & Utah's finest? Far more entertaining to have "changing table talk" with my baby
Working 9-5, sleeping 11-7? Far more rewarding to work 24-7, sleeping for about 4 hrs total each night
Its somewhat of a miracle that motherhood can be so enticing, given the reality of it all...but I love it!
I told Hank I needed a few hours to myself tonight. One hour into it, I've managed to write in Kellen's journal, shop the sales at Janie & Jack, and write this post about how much I love him. So much for "me" time. I might as well just go relieve Hank of his duties...

3 Words from the Wise:
I'm so proud of you, Katie. You really are such a good mom and you need to give yourself credit for it.
Yes you are, and we are so proud of you and Hank. Can't wait to see little Kellen. I thought that would happen last week while we were up there but just couldn't. Grandpa was just not up to it and wanted to get right home after his Doctor appointments. I understood but was a bit disappointed. We have to come back in a few weeks so hope to see you all then. We love you.
Katie, you have a way with words and I loved reading this post. Great sentiments and well said.
Post a Comment