What do you do for a boy that loves to celebrate half-birthdays, considering the following facts:
- he hates cake, the main purpose of celebrating birthdays
- he only likes angel food cake (if you can call it that) aka AIR, which I hate
- the only thing on his wish list is a gadget that is worth 1/2 of our monthly income
- i really out did myself on his surprise birthday party in March
- his niece & nephew will celebrate their real birthday approx 1 day before, possibly downplaying his momentous day
- i am stressed beyond belief
BUT...............
He won't stop talking about it, ie. daily reminders that his half-birthday is just around the corner!
AND
I happen to love him, even though he is ridiculous.
So the predicament is.....how to I express my love for my sweet husband on this very important day despite having no time or money to plan something special when all I really want to do is bake and scarf down the cake on tastespotting.com I've been dying to try, which he will hate?
Recipe link here (to help you give informed advice)
1 Words from the Wise:
I say make the cake for you and buy Hank an angel food cake...both of you will get what you want and both will be happy on his un-birthday! I might just have to come over and celebrate with him by eating your cake!
Post a Comment