As we headed to Wal-Mart on Friday night, Hank inquired about the contents of our grocery list. Hesitantly, I listed them off hoping he wouldn't catch on that I was making the cake of my choice for his celebration. Sure enough, he did. This led to a serious conversation about "what he wants" out of a 1/2 birthday. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to bake something. I asked what treat would REALLY excited him, to which he replied "German Chocolate Pie from Marie Calendars." I had never heard of such a pie. I asked at least 3 times, "do you mean Chocolate Satin?" as I recalled having it a few times at his family's house. He assured me it was called German Chocolate and after googling it and confirming its existence, I made it. Sort of. The only homemade ingredient in it was whipped cream--I really outdid myself. The masterpiece: A special thanks to the guests who came to show support on his special day and confirm that Hank has never eaten Marie Calendar's German Chocolate Pie, but rather Chocolate Satin. I should have stuck with my original, selfish plan.
Gotta love Hank. (My apologies for the spacing on the last few posts--SOMEONE sat on my keyboard and the Enter button no longer works!!! Does anyone know how to fix it???)
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Hanks 25.5 Birthday Celebration!
Posted by Katie I. at 6:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Words from the Wise:
Post a Comment