During our limited time together today, Hank and I discussed our thoughts on the Bachelor. Hank brought it up, pointing out that this week's episode looks good! (But he can't quite remember why)... I reminded him that no one gets a rose, which sparks an entire analysis on each contestant.
The Bachelor according to Hank
Originally, Hank doesn't think Jake is really interested in any of the girls. He is convinced Jake is too smart for any of them and will ultimately choose no one. Until he considered each girl....
Ali: Hank refers to her as the "girl from San Francisco"... and feels she just isnt that cute. She's "okay."
Vienna: She is crazy and he is keeping her around as a joke. Theres no way he is going to pick her. [this is a polite version of Hank's thoughts]
Gia: "The swimsuit model" is just so pretty. Hank originally believes he is going to pick her. Then I remind him that she is quite dumb and he changes his mind. Yes she is dumb and has no personality, but if Hank had to choose, he would definitely choose her. [good to know!]
Interruption: We cant remember the 4th girl for a few minutes. Oh yeah....Tinley! (sp!?)
Tinley: Hank thinks he will choose her. Definitely. She is cute.
---End of conversation---
I CANNOT believe Hank and I have gone from ANTI-Bachelor to discussing it in our free time. I knew I had it in me to get sucked in, but not Hank!
After dropping him off at work, I ran to the grocery store to stock up for the week. At the check out stand, I quickly glanced at the magazines. The majority featured the drama between Brad, Jen and Angelina (is that even true? i'm so curious! and isnt that so 10 years ago?) but then there was one that totally caught my eye!
US Weekly: Feature stories--Bachelor Dirty Secrets. Gia: plastic surgery nightmare. Vienna: her ex's warning to Jake.
Without any thought, I reached out and threw it on top of my groceries at the check out.
Good work ABC and US Weekley. You got me. (and Hank!)

7 Words from the Wise:
So what did it say? Jaclyn and I watch it every week for "family home evening." We have some great conversations afterwards.
oh etak, i thought i raised you better than that! I NEVER watched soap operas...having said that though, I am so "done" with Vienna! hehe
Maybe you should call me when you're done with that magazine ... I'll pick it off your hands. :)
no send it to me, I was tempted to buy it!
This is by far the funniest blog I have read. Heh heh heh. Hank into the Bachelor???!!!! hee hee hee!! I am so proud of you Hank for coming out of the closet! Your Uncle Bart is still hiding. He loves to watch the show and has some extremely strong opinions on who Jake should and should not choose! But, he sure is not brave enough to blog it to the whole entire family yet! :) He was so sad that he had to miss it last night untill I told him that he could watch it on the computer. As for me?? I could take it or leave it. The girls drive me CRAZY! They all remind me of Jr. High School. All I end up doing is yelling at the TV as if dumb Jake can hear me. "WHAT?! Jake, are you kidding??!! She is fake! She is pulling your chain!!! I cannot beleive you cannot see it??!!" ugh.
Katie your posts crack me up! Barb, I can clearly remeber you and mom watching Days ALL the time!!!I so hope they send Vienna Sausage home!!!!!
Barb - borrow it from Katie. I'm coming to town this weekend...I can jump the fence and grab it from you. :) It's a perfect plan.
Post a Comment