Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Longest Day Ever

Wednesdays are extremely busy days for me. Knowing I would be on campus from 8am- 9:30 pm, I made a few adjustments to my usual routine to ensure a happy day. Result? Failure.

Mistake #1: I wore my cozy Uggs. This in itself was a phenomenal decision that at the surface I don't regret. However, in order for my Uggs to look cute, I wore skinny jeans...skinny jeans that apparently I'm not skinny enough for. This has caused intense indigestion. It began a few hours into my day and still remains....

Mistake #2: I packed a few healthy snacks, as to remain faithful to my diet. I anticipated eating a nutritious meal sometime midday and evening. This still hasn't happened. I never had a break. Now I'm starving WITH indigestion and will likely stop at the Wendy's drive through on my way home. So much for my original plan.

Mistake #3: I do not routinely check the job postings by the MPA program. Dumb. I just checked and saw that a position at IHC I would die for has been removed from the board. I am full of resentment and hatred for the lucky individual who got that job. Ironically, the HR director for IHC is teaching my HR class right now. I'd go beg him for help but I'm sure he isn't too impressed with my texting, blog updating and fidgety self today.

Take away lesson: Don't even bother preparing, it may just make matters worse.

0 Words from the Wise: