Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A few things on my mind...

1. I do not possess the ability to relax. I'm certain of where this trait came from and its definitely genetic, but can I change it? This trait causes me much grief and feelings of unsatisfaction.

2. My best friend happens to be a canine. Is that wrong? My level of excitement to see the little fluff after work/school concerns me.

3. Our Christmas decorations--tree included--are still up and despite having plenty of free time, I have no interest in taking them down. Additionally, I get joy and satisfaction seeing other procrastinators as I drive around town, telling myself at least I don't have Santa's workshop on my front lawn.

4. I gave in. As I ironed for 10 hours on Saturday, the Bachelor was on and I didn't have the willpower to change the channel. I was appalled to see everything wrong with society combined in one television show! Half-dressed women overused phrases like "here for the right reasons" and "just want to find the love of my life" as they worshiped a man they don't even know. And then there was the preview of next week's show..... I'm ashamed to say the first thing I did when I got home (and greeted George of course) was visit abc.com and watch the episode I missed last night. Please judge me.

Thats all....

4 Words from the Wise:

Kiana Hayden said...

Katie, you crack me up. And just think, if you keep your decorations up long enough, you won't have to set them up again in December.

barb said...

OH etak, you are in good company! So...omgosh, what did you think of that immoral gal they had to kick off the show, since they have such high standards! The nerve of that woman, if we can dare even call her that! I am sure in the next few weeks he will be sleeping with all of them. Double standard? I really don't watch it, just happened to see it last week. No, Bachelor watching is not genetic, as for the inability to relax...well,do you think it is a Mott gene?

Ruth said...

You're great. :)
1. Possess that gene as well. Typically, wactching a movie is the only way for me to turn off my brain and forget my troubles.
2. I was a ball of fluff to be my best friend!
3. Most people haven't taken down their trees. I only did because I knew that if it didn't come down before school started Jeff would never, ever take it down.

Happy birthday!

Ruth said...

So I realize it's poor form to leave comments twice in a row. But I was going through all of the blogs I read and I just had to tell you that as I was looking at your wedding picture header I thought, "Katie is the most beautiful person that I know in real life." I just thought I should tell you. :) I can't wait to see you next week! (Even though I'm really liking this being at home thing..)