Thursday, October 29, 2009
Living a Double Life
When I attempted to enter my Rapid Rewards number on Southwest, it gave me an error message saying the names didn't match. I contacted the airline and they explained the need for a physical document verifying my name change. This will take a few weeks. Oh contraire-it will take much longer that that-months even years-because the chances of me ever finding that on the top of my to-do list is highly unlikely.
As I moseyed around the airport waiting for my flight today, I saw a woman in a red shirt behind a table signing up new Rapid Reward members. She was walking away from the table to chat with the worker of the Oxygen Bar (still so confused by that business), so I thought I'd run to the bathroom first before talking to her. She was still chatting when I got out, so I approached her to ask if perhaps I could just show her my license, avoiding the entire mail-in process.
As I walked up to her, she and the oxygen woman stared at me with the ugliest expression on their faces. I immediately got self-conscious: maybe they are judging my headband adorned with a medium sized flower? or my footless tights? (thanks dad for not saying anything about them today!) or maybe they were envious of my cute Target dress?...I just simply don't know what warranted the ugly looks!
I began by explaining I had seen her behind the Rapid Rewards counter and just had a quick question. I apologized for interrupting their ever-so-important conversation. As I started asking my question, she interrupted me saying "I don't work there." I looked down at her red shirt and airport employee badge around her neck: Southwest. She looked down and turned it over. Since she didn't know what I was talking about, she was unable to help me. Naturally confused, I gave her a dirty look (long past due) and walked away.
Way to go Southwest for hiring hard-working, dedicated employees.
Posted by Katie I. at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Words from the Wise:
LOVED the flower on your head and the footless tights! Especially loved the hug! So good to see you and Krissy!
I would have kicked her in the shins for you.
Post a Comment