Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stupid Girl

I am been humbled. Yesterday, I made the dumbest decision of my life. I thought that in order to avoid being completely fried in Ghana, I should go get a base tan via a tanning bed.This is where my delusional thinking began. Its been a while since I have gone tanning, so I allowed the receptionist to guess which bed I should go in and for how long. When she asked if I wanted to go "the whole time," I could not justify paying for a whole 20 minutes without using it, so I consented.

A few hours later, I began to itch pretty bad under my clothes. Much to my surprise, 20 minutes was 19 minutes too long. Hank has gotten quite a few laughs out of calling me a "tomato" and asking if I will ever go tanning again. My answer? Absolutely NOT!

I about fainted this morning as I applied aloe. Tomato skin does not like to be touched. I started to panic and called Hank, so hysterical he could not understand me. Fortunately for him and his unsympathetic state, I am still alive.

As a result of my stupid decision, I have been confined to the couch all day in a soft robe, unable to go to the bathroom without shedding a few tears. Every few minutes, I revisited my thought process when I agreed to 20 minutes. And why did I fear being white for Ghana. No matter how hard I try I will always be WHITE to Ghanaians!!!!

I am a stupid girl and just thought I should publicly admit it.

5 Words from the Wise:

Nicole said...

You make me laugh! The worst part about this situation is likely that you will peel and pretty much negate the whole tan. Poor girl!

McKenzie said...

Oh my goodness Kathryn! I feel for you! I hope it helps in the long run! Hope you're enjoying Ghana!

Kiana Hayden said...

First, please post a picture so we can get the full effect. And secondly, thank you for giving me my afternoon laugh. You are funnier than you know.

Colter & Kelsie Marshall said...

Katie you really do fit into the family....time and time again I am always so happy on who Hank married...sorry he wasn't sympathetic... but I will have you know Hank had a few burns in his day...actually I think he locked me in my closet one time because he was burnt and my aloe lotion was in the closet so I went to get it for him...feeling bad...and then what do you know I am locked in...with a chair under to door knob. Anyways I hope you feel better for your flight outta town. Love you and good luck!!!

Courtney M said...

hahah that is the best story!