Last night, I got on one of my clean-the-house-at-11pm kicks. The majority of the things I picked up were, ironically, Hank's. I recently bought him a sweater organizer from Pier One that hangs in the closet. In each box, he sweetly placed his daily dirty lundry in each one--until that filled up of course. Then, the clothes found residency on the floor. As I was picking up, I became rather irritated thinking, "couldn't Hank just HELP me with this!? It would be so much easier!"
I went to bed grumpy and forgot about it by the morning.
FAST FORWARD 12 HOURS. . . .
Hank had an appointment with his academic counselor today at 10am. He came home with a stack of papers in his hand, assessments of his strengths and weaknesses. He had taken a career test a while back and the results were in! He sat down with me and went over the results. Categories included infuencing, organizing, helping, creating, analyzing, producing and adventuring. The test measured his interest level as well as skill level in that category.
He excitedly expressed his "high" scores in most the categories, but when it came to the "helping" category, he quietly revealed the test results: he scored "VERY LOW" in the helping category.....IMAGINE THAT! :)
On the right: Sorry its a little blurry, but it says "Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid......" to any career in the helping industry.
I am just grateful for the CISS test which has confirmed my complaints that Hankie isn't very helpful! Now, maybe he will believe me and things will get better???
Hopefully. But if not, at least he makes me happy when I'm not cleaning!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Not news to me!
Posted by Katie I. at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Words from the Wise:
that is too funny... I think my husband would score pretty close to him. Maybe it's just a guy thing?
Katie, we both noticed your Christmas countdown, and daddy wants to know if you are "expecting something?" Tell Santa.
So, does that sweater organizer double as a pantry? One in which a guy might store a pop-tart?
Post a Comment