Tuesday, December 16, 2008

6 Months later....Why I Love Hankie.

This last Sunday, Hank and I celebrated our "6 month anniversary." Ok, so saying we "celebrated" isn't really an accurate depiction....but whatever. Regardless, I thought I would share why I love him through a little story.

While I was out procrastinating studying for finals, I stumbled into ShopKo for some gift name tags. [Clearly an emergency]. I noticed a few people carrying out HUGE rugs and remembered how badly we need a rug to cover our scratched wood floor! ShopKo, a store I've only visited once before for feminine hygiene products, sells gigantic rugs for a very low price! Not to mention, they were having a ONE-DAY sale, 50% off! I texted Hankie at work to let him know we MUST come back by midnight. We will never ever find another rug this big for such a low price!

As soon as he got off work, he called to inquire further and make sure the rug I wanted didn't happen to be green. Ironically, it did. They had ivory, green, or purple. I knew Hank hated green but thought it was worth a chance, it had a lot of potential to add just the right amount of color to our apt.

By 11pm, we had compromised on the green rug and were attempting to shove it into Hank's Audi. When we got home, sweet Hank helped me move the couches and lay out the rug. I was speechless......... It was horrendous! I pretended to like it for 5 minutes but I just couldn't live with it! It changed colors on the way home and suddenly looked grey/brown/green. Yuck. I humbled myself enough to admit my faulty choice and asked if there was any way we could return it. Immediately. After all, the sale is "one-day only."

At 11:45, we returned to ShopKo, green rug in hand. :) Hank politely explained to Customer Service how I want to have the ivory rug instead--making me look a bit bi-polar, but whatever. I just really didn't want THAT rug.

This is why I love Hankie. It was snowing outside, he had been at work for over 12 hours, and hadn't eaten all day, but he was willing to sacrifice an hour at night to appease my sudden urge to get a rug. We currently have an ivory rug in our family room and I am happy! I love Hankie!

Please note: I love him for more reasons than his williness to deal with my annoying self.

1 Words from the Wise:

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

Ahhhh....... how cute. Hank doesn't like green though? Isn't that just wrong? Who doesn't like green??? Anyway enjoyed your shopko adventure.