Well, I go up to Park City a few times a week to work on projects. I was up there last night, and my uncle David was working on a new tool that would speed up the process of making aluminum parts. It was this saw blade from hell on a hand grinder.
It looked mean.
And then during demonstration, I hear all hell break loose and look over to see the grinder wrapped up in his jacket. The look on David's face was priceless. He looked like he had just dodged a bullet.
Then the blood started to show. The grinder spun around and took out the ol pinky. We grabbed his surgical glasses, and rushed up to the makeshift Surgical table.
I had not eaten anything all day long(dont tell Katie, she gets pissed when I forget to eat) and I started to get lightheaded with all the excitement. I had to lay down for a while, but then I was a good assistant.
We had to stitch up some stuff under the skin next to the tendons. We put three stitches under the skin, and then about 15 to close up the wound. We had this pesky vein that kept squirting out blood(think garden hose) so we put a clamp on it. It was a successful surgery, and David is on the road to recovery. He went to work today, but he is having a hard time putting his gloves on, and when he does have it on, blood pools on the bottom of the glove. People do not like bloody hands in their mouth, so he is coming home... We wish you a speedy recover.


For you doctors out there, we closed the fasia covering the metacarpalphalangal joint and the sheath surrounding the extensor tendons... David tried to cut them out with a grinder. This is Hank, and yes, this is my first Blog ever... Now I can tell Katie I do more then browse Motorgeek.com and Ebay. :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Hank is a Doctor
Posted by Katie I. at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 Words from the Wise:
GROSS THATS LIKE WHEN I SEWED YOUR FINGER IN FASHIONS!!
One word H-O-S-P-I-T-A-L, its a great little place that takes care of all that gross stuff for you!!!!
I agree krista! I had nothing to do with this! :) I appreciate you pointing out to hank that I'm not the only one that believes in professional health care!!!
That's disgusting. No more posting for Hankie.
I finally find out what you guys are up to and find this. My stomach is still up in my mouth. I can't believe what I am seeing or reading. That is my son and grandson doing the surgery on my son. I can't believe it! I didn't see any pictures of septic precautions and hope you haven't had your arm rot off by now. Please tell me you are okay. How come I am the last to know about major surgery in the family. It just happened that I found this blog. btw Katie, how are you surviving? I love your blog and happy to know of your comings and goings. Just a bit shocked right now. We love you both and hope you come see us someday soon. Hank, are you sure you don't want to go into medicine still. You seem somewhat adapt at it.
Katie are you implying I don't believe in professional health care....it is Dr Iroz. And just cause I don't have a glove on my left hand does not mean I threw sterile precaution out the window. Besides all the really nasty bugs that I couldn't kill with pen VK I'd have to go to the hospital to get. My hand looks much better by the way...
Well, this is aunt Venita with a few words to share: WAY TO GO HANK AND DAVID!!! :) way to show your true Iroz heritage! I agree with Grandma, Hank...you have chosen the wrong career if it is anything but medicine. You are a natural. I sewed my thumb up in college with fishing line once but this is waaaay more interesting! I really think that you ought to write it up in the next dental journal or something. I have two words for you Katie..the same two I had for you at the wedding.
GOOD LUCK. (you know I love you Hank) Hey Katie, were you in Costco last night? I thought I saw a glimpse of you but was not fast enough to catch you.
Great to have you two in the blog!!
THIS IS FROM HEIDI....hey Jill, isn't that your craft room? So, was that blood I saw on your scrapbooking stuff?? Hope ya feel better David..I cannot believe you did not tell me anything when we spoke on the phone!! How am I supposed to assist a one handed Dentist..oh, "expanded functions" right. :) I also have two words for you Katie, GOOD LUCK! And I am not joking. And I don't like you Hank. (juuuust kiddin) Good job Doc!
Post a Comment