Saturday, September 6, 2008

MR. MOM!!!



I have officially completed my first week of graduate school. I definately feel like a fish out of water...but the boring details of that will not make this post. What will you ask?

This week, Hank stepped up to the plate and filled in as Mr. Mom!!! The six loads of laundry from our trip managed to get done. Our luggage? Completely unpacked. Even the toiletries which I DREAD putting away were nicely stowed away in the wrong places. He promptly picked me up in front of the Tanner building on time EVERY day and without complaint, took me back minutes later to attend the meeting I totally spaced. But thats not all. He even stopped by the Flower Patch (despite the $3 increase in prices) and had a vase of yellow roses on the table when I got home. (he even took the time to cut an inch off the bottom of each stem....I found a piece of evidence behind the toaster to calm my concern.)

I am so grateful to have such a sweet husband! He can be a real PILL but I love him so much!

10 Words from the Wise:

Kathryn e. said...

What a lucky girl you are! I love when Jake buys me flowers for no reason! I am anxiously waiting a post all about your trip...I heard from my mom who talked to your mom that everyone had a great time. I need to see pictures! Glad you are home safe...enjoy school!

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

That is so cute Katie. Good Job Hank Good Job.

Courtney M said...

Oh that is so cute! Now hopefully he will keep that up when you have kids and you will be good to go!

barb said...

Hank! Wow...I am still tripping over Chad's camera bag in front of the closet door, but I did do all the laundry. I knew you were a special guy-but flowers and laundry that is one secure fellow. I love you guys.

Aurelie said...

Hank? Really?

Just kidding. I know my brother is a special, if not sometimes irritating, guy.

Can't wait to hear abou tthe trip. We should get together sometime soon. Next Saturday we're having a BBQ for the kids. Please come if you can. I'll call with more details.

Kiana Hayden said...

I just realized why you've been dead to the world...you were in Guatamala (right?)! Hank is such a good little boy! Haha...sorry, I just laugh at all his pictures b/c it reminds me of the story when the lady thought Hank was your son.

Jenn said...

Sounds like you got yourself a catch! Make sure he keeps helping out and you will be good to go! =) I am so jealous you got to go to Paris! You should call Jared and go out with them! He said he knew Hank in high school! E-mail me (jennarose8@yahoo.com) and I can give you his number!

Dogbreath said...

Dear Katie and Hank,

first of all - stop doing the washing. What are you thinking - do a little more each day and soon you will be doing all the washing all the time. This is a not a fantasy land ace - unless you like ironing, I suggest you start doing something less boring like hunting or surfing on the net.

Really enjoyed having you both at the wedding. Hope to see you both again soon - anytime you want to visit Deutschland, just give us a ring - love to have you.

Bill and the ironing queen of wiesbaden... Gisela

Kim said...

Hey Katie! How are you??? I saw your blog on Kiana's! I love finding old friends on here : )

Congrats on completing your first week of school!

The Davis Girls said...

It's about time i have a blog, huh? Now i just have to get some pics on there... your trip sounds fun! And yes, husbands can be a PILL, but mostly enjoyable :)