
As you may already know, today is a HUGE day in the gaming industry. . . the Nintendo Wii Fit hit stores this morning! Or in the case of ToysRUs at 10 am.
I have a tendency to only buy people gifts that I want. I cannot help it, why would someone want something I didnt want!? When I discovered the Wii Fit came out on the 21st I decided I would get that for Krissy because her birthday is the 20th. Almost perfect timing! Upon realizing that it would cost over $100 to preorder the stupid thing, I vowed to be the first in line at ToysRUs to get one!
So I nonchalantly walked out the back door of work and set out to a store I have not been to in LITERALLY 20 years. When I arrived at 9:35am, there were about 4 cars in the parking lot with people waiting. I couldnt help but feel embarrassed that I rushed there. However as employees began arriving to work and opening that huge red door, people flocked from cars all over the parking lot toward the entrance. I was about the 5th person there....so as they opened the doors I kindly allowed the four other people to go in front of me. We single filedly (sp?) walked backed to the electronics department. I noticed people were grabbing something off the shelves....so I grabbed one too (the WRONG ONE!). When I got in the new line to be rung up, some snotty lady in the front of the line declares we need one "blank case" to purchase a Wii Fit. I looked down in my hands and I had a Wii Ski Game! So I ask the lady behind me if I could run grab one.....she HUFFED....but I went anyways. THERE WERE NO MORE!!!!!!! I got back in line anyway, thinking...."this is not fair!?! how rude of the people in front of me not to MENTION the importance of grabbing a box!" Im sure you can imagine the raging fury going through my mind! I squished my way back in front of the old lady but she really wasnt letting me back in. Fortunately, as I got closer to the front of the line, I discovered it was completely unnecessary to have a dumb box. What REALLY mattered was my place in line...and proudly, I was fifth (sorta).
After investing all this emotion into getting a WIi Fit, I thought, "I WANT ONE!" However, unfortunately....only one per customer. The cashier told me they only had ten. Which, I am happy (and shouldnt be) to say that the people behind ME in line with empty boxes in hand DIDNT GET A WII FIT! On my way home, I rejoiced in my accomplishment of obtaining Krissy's bday present with success!!!!!! Such a sacrifice, but well worth it for my fav older sister!
I couldn't help myself. I HAD to check WalMart to see if they had one for me. There are 24 days until my wedding and wouldn't it just be GREAT if a video game got me into shape for my big day!? With much ease, I walked to the back of the store and right in front of me in a glass case were 3 Wii Fits. The sales associate unlocked the case for me and handed me my VERY OWN! I checked out in a matter of seconds and was on my merry way! No crazy ToysRUS people in sight. . .
I have learned a lot from this experience.
1. Sacrifice brings forth blessings
2. Never befriend people in line to obtain the "next new thing". They will turn on you at any given minute.
3. Always keep your eye on the prize.
4. WalMart is my friend...between the low low prices and the sweet people greeting you at the door, it is WORTH suffering through the sometimes undesirable atmosphere.
5. I love Krissy. So much, that I was willing to thow myself into a panic-attack-inducing atmosphere just to get her the present I wanted.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISSY!!!!!
2 Words from the Wise:
My co-worker just asked me why I was laughing so hard. I love that story! Good for you Katie! You should get a medal for your achievements!
I love the wii and I also love this blogging stuff. These are my two new obsessions.
Post a Comment