Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer, Part 2

I'm embarrassed to admit that I just forgot our blog URL. I tried "Irozfamily.blogspot.com" with no success. Hmm...guess I need to be a little better about updating?


We've had lots going on since my last post. In no particular order, although I will start with my favorite:

- I became a stay at home mom! Its been about 2 months now and I am still beaming with joy. Working for the first 6 months of Kellen's life definitely made me appreciate every second I get to spend with him....and spending all day every day with him is AMAZING! I can't get enough of him. Everyone has adapted to this change extremely well: Kellen is always happy and enjoys my undivided attention and Hank enjoys 3 nutritious meals every day, a mostly clean house and a uncharacteristic happy wife. Win-win-win. Oh, yeah and George! I bathed him for the first time in 2 years. Better believe it.

Fortunately, Hank has been working extremely hard all summer manufacturing *stuff* to compensate. More on that later..

- Because we have one less income to support my spending habits, I've been forced to get creative with our money. Coupons? Yes. Price-matching? Yes. Both these activities induce a mild panic attack at the register but its worth it. I'm actually enjoying things like creating a week long menu and finding ways to make the most of everything I purchase. It makes me feel like such a chef. The satisfaction I get from calculating prices per serving is unreal. (I realize that most everyone probably already does this...but its new to me :) Since before grad school, we have lived on a 2-3 day meal planning.)

- Kellen has become a little scooter. He looks like he lost his legs in 'Nam as he uses his arms to get everywhere, dragging his bottom half along. He has lifted his knees a few times, rocking back and forth trying to figure out what this whole crawling thing is about. I quit working at just the right time...my floors were in serious need of the Swiffer's attention. It only took one time of Kellen wearing a white onesie scooting across the floor to get me mopping.

- We hiked Bridal Veil Falls. Its something I've had on my low-priority to-do list since I moved here a LONG time ago. Fortunately, this will be our LAST summer in Provo so it was time. Kellen insisted on holding the water bottle the entire way up. He's so handy.

- We've visited Lindon Aquatic Center more times than I can count. Hank can't get enough of the surfing and Kellen and I just adore the lazy river. I will surely miss that place, but not the toll the bottom of the pool takes on my un-pedicured feet.

- Kellen and I attended our first Kindermusik a few weeks ago. I hesitated to take him because I figured the result would be making an absolute idiot of myself. A few minutes into ME singing and dancing, I had determined I would never ever go back...until I looked down and saw Kellen's beaming smile. He had perma-smile the entire hour as he gazed around at the other babies, just mesmerized, which softened my heart to the whole idea. We may or may not be signed up for an entire semester, starting this week!

- Speaking of semester, Hank starts school tomorrow. Only 2 semesters/8 months/240 days left of life in Provo. He's got quite the schedule ahead of him and I'm certainly going to be in need of more friends so don't hesitate to call!

I'm too lazy to insert the pictures where appropriate and I know you don't care, so here:









1 Words from the Wise:

Kiana Hayden said...

1. I am so happy for you now that you can stay home with Kellen. And I'm glad you're enjoying it.

2. I love all of the pics of Kellen, he is so cute!

3. I too am counting down the days till you move HOME.