This morning we had a little run in with the local law enforcement. Its difficult for me to recount the details, seeing as how I was still asleep when it all went down. That being said, I'm not certain the story I've heard is 100% accurate.
I woke up to Hank saying, "Kate, George ran away." I slowly rose up from my contorted sleep position in the nursing chair and looked around for George. I thought Hank was referring to the fact that the dog wasn't sleeping on top of me. Until he said, "No really, George RAN away. The Provo Police brought him back home!"
"WHAT?!? How the heck did that happen?" I yelled. He could have died! And since he didn't, I can say it... how embarrassing! I never imagined playing the role of a detective this morning but I have a feeling someone isn't telling the truth.
Hank's side of the story:
"I ran out to my car this morning to grab something and let George go pee. When I came in the door, George was just lying on the grass, so peaceful. I decided to read my homework assignment. When I went back outside to get check on him, the police were pulling up with him in the back seat. " (I would give all the money I have to see George in a police car)
A few questions you may have:
- Exactly how long was George alone?
Hank says 2-3 minutes. I have measured George's limbs and they are approx 4 inches in length. Doing some rough math, there seems to be some discrepancy over George's ability to travel 5 blocks, get picked up by the police, and find home in that short time frame.
- Where was George at when he was picked up?
At first, Hank said he was in the neighborhood. In later conversation, it slipped that he was on 8th North. We may never know if he was dodging cars. Luckily, it was super early.
- Did we get our second animal cruelty violation?
Not that I'm aware of. Hank says George was given a warning. I may believe this, seeing as how we was perfectly groomed yesterday and appeared quite well taken care of. Honestly, he looked like a cloud so I can imagine the officer thought he was still dreaming until George barked.
We may never know exactly how long George's adventure lasted today. Did Hank accidentally fall asleep in that alleged 2-3 minutes? I did find his pillow downstairs on the couch!
If only George could talk....
1 Words from the Wise:
I know it is not the same, but if you want a picture of George in the back of a police car please know you can bring him the next time you are up here and I can take pictures of him in Josh's car :)
I'm glad he is safely home.
Love you
Post a Comment